Is the CSK30P clutch bearing required for the TSDZ2

Schnauzer

100 µW
Hi Guys
I have been working on my TSDZ2 motor for the past couple of weeks (when time permits) without much success.

My problem is that when I have been riding for about 1/2 an hour and come to a bit of an incline, i stop pushing on the pedals , change down to a lower gear, then start pushing pedals again but I get no assistance from the motor. I do hear a grinding sound (I think) but its very brief (to brief to be certain)
If  I quickly back pedal and start pushing on the pedals again the motor starts to assist (most times but not always).

If I stop completely, turn off the motor, turn it back on the motor returns to normal operation.
Thinking it maybe the controller I replaced this item but no this did not cure the problem.

Searching this forum I came across a post describing a similar problem but it was referring to the clutch bearing called a CSK30P that is in the large main drive gear.
I had a look at my motor to check it out, I do not have this CSK30P so I was wondering if this could cause my problem.

Does this indicate that my motor is an older version. The only reference on the motor is a sticker on the control module which reads “2016/06/01 (On the original controller)

I have include a photo of my main gear

Attachments

• F8AA74C2-12F7-49C4-A50B-A4832B2CC50E.jpeg
    F8AA74C2-12F7-49C4-A50B-A4832B2CC50E.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 565
Back