KR rides a Pi

:shock: Noooo not KiNG KeNNY on a Pi :shock: NOOOOOO.... oh the shame of it all... :p :mrgreen:

KiM

http://www.visordown.com/snippets/the-kenny-roberts-electric-push-bike/19172.html
http://store.picycle.com/product-p/pi-kr.htm

$9000

Each KR Signature Edition PiCycle is personally autographed by 3-time world champion Kenny Roberts. The KR Signature Edition features a Rohloff Speed Hub, Carbon Drive Belt, Programmable Speed Control, improved efficiency regenerative braking system, 25% more low end torque, 45mph top speed (off road use only), and high-intensity 1000 lumen LED integrated lighting system (powered by battery). There will only be 100 of these Signature Editions manufactured. Stunning yellow and black finish with KR’s personal brand further distinguish this PiCycle.

^^^ I'm sorry but a scooter can never be sexy, it can have sexy ON it (in form of scantly clad wiminez :p ) but alone no, a scooter is far from sexy....you can paint it any colour you like but at the end of the day its still a scooter... :p

KiM

I spend so much time telling my kids "Just because you CAN do something doesnt mean you SHOULD". Why didnt someone tell the pi guy?

sk8norcal said:
http://www.visordown.com/snippets/the-kenny-roberts-electric-push-bike/19172.html
http://store.picycle.com/product-p/pi-kr.htm

$9000

Each KR Signature Edition PiCycle is personally autographed by 3-time world champion Kenny Roberts. The KR Signature Edition features a Rohloff Speed Hub, Carbon Drive Belt, Programmable Speed Control, improved efficiency regenerative braking system, 25% more low end torque, 45mph top speed (off road use only), and high-intensity 1000 lumen LED integrated lighting system (powered by battery). There will only be 100 of these Signature Editions manufactured. Stunning yellow and black finish with KR’s personal brand further distinguish this PiCycle.

Offroad at any speed on that thing would be a mistake...

Looks like a thicker frame on this version or is it my imagination?

Gary

It's werid, how even as a guy who likes ebikes a lot, I can still hate every part of the pi-bike with every bit of me.

^^....I feel the same way about the PI....and all
Scooters... :wink:

KiM

EdiT: unless you can find me a scooter with a naked chick on it, with tz750 two stroke powering it, skate dude? Now that's a challenge!

AussieJester said:
^^....I feel the same way about the PI....and all
Scooters... :wink:

KiM

EdiT: unless you can find me a scooter with a naked chick on it, with tz750 two stroke powering it, skate dude? Now that's a challenge!

You're quite wrong about scooters not being sexy. The Honda Ruckus and Yamaha Morphous/Maxam are undeniably sexy even without the naked chick (though tons of chicks-on-Rucks pics are online if that's your taste).

386665089.jpg

tumblr_kzg1h7kBIh1qznrp0o1_500.jpg

d0088299_828012.jpg

killboy.jpg

Sorry skatedude, but your idea of a "sexy" veehickle and mine, differ greatly... :cry: :cry:

I dont find any of what you posted above even remotely "sexy"
ridiculous and pointless yes, sexy ...not even close, sorry...nice try though.. :mrgreen:
The whole 'step thru' thing just scream girls bike, great for
when you have a dress on (unfortunately not my thing) so you can 'step thru' rather than
swing a leg over...When your riding a motorcycle weighting up the pegs and gripping the tank
are important, not possible with a scooter...they could even be somewhat dangerous
to ride at high speed as a result...Here's my idea of "sexy" when it comes to two wheels..

6336348800129823192009-ducati-1198-20.jpg

duc00223(1).jpg

KiM

AussieJester said:
...Here's my idea of "sexy" when it comes to two wheels...

Your idea of sexy is the one Ducati most derivative of generic Japanese crotch rockets? Its a Ducati, its not supposed to look like a Suzuki. You could at least've picked the Hyper Motard. Even the Monster is much, much sexier (though you'd probably be too busy claiming it was a "girl's bike").

nuevomexicano said:
AussieJester said:
...Here's my idea of "sexy" when it comes to two wheels...

Your idea of sexy is the one Ducati most derivative of generic Japanese crotch rockets? Its a Ducati, its not supposed to look like a Suzuki. You could at least've picked the Hyper Motard. Even the Monster is much, much sexier (though you'd probably be too busy claiming it was a "girl's bike").

Duke's do nothing for me. Blasting around on them does nothing for me. Listening to the jiggly clutch does nothing for me. Winding out there wimpy inferior engines does nothing for me. They are like the special olympian of the superbike world. (with like 2-3 exceptions)

No scooter does anything for me either. If you don't have a place to pinch it with your legs, you can't ride it properly, and it's worthless to me.

reading the thread title i was crushed when i didn't find kenny rogers' ass nuzzling a pi.
i recall from a pi thread on here they all have the bigger tube now so it can hold enuf batts to go further than 5 miles at speed.

i've gone from initial mild revulsion to now wild indifference but at least the guy is in there swinging trying to break from the herd.
sur it's a swing & a miss but i like living in a world of variety with freedom of choice.
i would be even more sickened by the bland landscape where everything out there had to be AJ approved.

Attachments

• BicyclePlymouth.jpg
    BicyclePlymouth.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,259
liveforphysics said:
Duke's do nothing for me. Blasting around on them does nothing for me. Listening to the jiggly clutch does nothing for me. Winding out there wimpy inferior engines does nothing for me. .

Yet Ducati managed to win 14 World Superbike Superstock titles...good enough for that not good enough for our boi Luke, hard to please buddy :p :mrgreen:

nuevomexicano said:
(though you'd probably be too busy claiming it was a "girl's bike").

probably :roll: :roll:

KiM

mabman said:
There is nothing sexier than a Solex.

Just park your bike and dive right in. BTW, all the political correctness really makes ads suck in the US. In most of the rest of the world sex sells in a big way.

Maybe it could be pimped out a little bit. How about a pimped-out Pi-Cycle design contest. Here is my entry.

Attachments

• Pi-mod.jpg
    Pi-mod.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,243
Back