DCX DC / HP Conversions International

Dee Jay

100 kW
Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1E3Puf68tk&feature=related

http://www.myspace.com/34gtr

quotes from DCX myspace page
to blast through the image of the EV car as a slow golf carts or just a funny looking car!

DCX is the only company in the world to hide our EV units behind a Fiberglass airbrushed work of art that just so happens to look like the motor of your chose. This also can be changed for different applications such as show cars, race cars, and street cars! We also put a tail pipe on it so it really looks like it has an engine!

I like where his head's at 8)

http://www.theautolog.com/b/How-the-DCX-motors-make-the-free-energy-power-.php

Comments anyone?

J

I stopped watching when they mentioned "Perpetual Motion Electro Magnetic Free Power Generator"

It could use some help from the Wayans...
livingcolor.gif

Perpetual Motion: (pur Pet yoo al - Mow shun) n. A term used in sub-acidemia to decribe a process by which more energy can be obtained from an object than originaly put in, but also is capable of Stopping the aging process, giving Paris Hilton Talent, and granting 3 wishes. Perpetual Motion works by the same well documented process where by 2+2=5.

The Cake is a Lie!

I stopped watching when I read "perpetual motion" in the comments :D.

What is with the "The cake is a lie!" thing? I only recognize it as a VGCats referece.

Link said:

What is with the "The cake is a lie!" thing? I only recognize it as a VGCats referece.

GLaDOS promises cake as reward for completing all the test chambers.

http://www.aperturescience.com/
login with any username and portal as password

Mathurin said:
Link said:

GLaDOS promises cake as reward for completing all the test chambers.

http://www.aperturescience.com/
login with any username and portal as password

Yep. Its sort of a catch all phrase for people promising something you are never going to get. Like Perpetual Motion, Or world peace, or Cake. :D

Great surprise when I bought ep2 that one. Excellent game, had to do some head scratching on a couple of those levels.

Not even going to bother clickity clicking on those links after reading your comments btw...

I didn't want to ruffle feathers by combining the two dirty words "P" "M", he he!

I DID want comments about the possibility of using step-up converters, though. But you're all too jaded to get passed the PM part. :wink:

I think it would be good to have a compilation on this board of PM claims by engineers and scam artists a like. with expert opinions of ES members.

Anyhow, ICE facade under the hood of an EV, imagine that . . . I'd love to have something straight out of Star Wars under my hood. I currently have a T.I.E. Fighter 8) setup on my bike. Twin Ion (Lithium Ion) Engines.

J

It's the language that's used that generally triggers my BS alarm:
What we have done is simply taken a DC motor, and a 12volt battery, a very elaborate system of booster converters that change the 12volt, and double it, then send it on to another set of controllers which in-turn doubles that and we continue to do this till we have over 1000volts from a 12 volt system, we can get even more then this if we need to do so. This is basically a turbo for a EV system and for a DC motor.

If we take this at face value

12V > 24V
24V > 48V
48V > 96V
96V > 192V
192 V > 384V
384V > 768V
768V > 1632V

That's a total of 7 step-up stages to reach over 1000 volts as described. If the converters are each 95% efficient that means we've already lost 30% per cent of the energy we put in before we even do any work. Why not just take 300 A123 cells and wire them in series to give 1000V without any losses (aside from maybe a couple of percent due to the resistance of the cell interconnects)?

Next we have taken the center axle or shaft, of the DC motor and reverse polaritied it as well, so not only is it riding a positive alternative magnetic field current, it's also creating one. This means unlimited power with less then half the power needed to run the DC motor, and a much higher RPM can be achieved. This system in time with money and advanced research has the poetical to be a light speed technology!

You might get away this sort of stuff on Star Trek, but in the real world it is totally meaningless. OK, the guy may have a problem expressing himself, but if his logical processes are this woolly it doesn't say a lot for his engineering abilities. :roll:

Thanks Malcolm. I called BS as soon as I heard him say they're based in Kobe, but pronounced it Kobi.

So why do you think there are so many people on the net claiming they created perpetual motion? Is it some sort of scam?

J

What kind of info are you looking for?
I take it you're talking about using a boost converter for powering an ebike.

My understanding is that generally boost always has greater losses & is less efficient than buck converters.
The simplistic way of looking at it is that it takes less energy to flow downhill rather than up.
Something that holds true for any kind of gradient be it a potential gradient or a gravity one.

So when someone tells you they can multiply 12V upwards to a 1000V & beyond ad infinitum that's a red flag right there, eventually you hit the wall of diminishing returns.
The conversion losses mount faster than any modest efficiency gains by running the motor at a higher voltage & Lucy would have a lot of splainin to do how those losses disappear.

Eh, this thread is now about cake?

Yesterday CULT OF THE DEAD COW (cDc), the world’s sexXxiest hacker group, announced the release of Goolag Scanner, a Web auditing tool. The installer is reported to be frocking awesome, there's a GLaDOS-like voice when you start it and a reference to the song when you beat the game once the installation was complete. Plus there's a badass unicorn spashscreen when you launch the program that just makes your heart melt, I mean what more could you want? It's awesomeness is only exceeded by it's badassitude.

"Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit, and I said 'Goodbye', and you were like, 'No Way', and then I was all, 'We pretended we were going to murder you'. That was great." - GLaDOS

[youtube]JQ4incSkNOA[/youtube]

Back