Nucular Electronics owner's thread (setup infos, FW updates, links etc.)

We are nearly at the end of April, so assuming production controllers should be making their way to members by now.
Has anyone got updates?

Thanks

Hey guys, I'm making all my connections for the first time and I just have the brake lever to connect. It only has two wires, do I connect it like a brake button?

awesome! thanks for the quick reply

me again. Did the Auto-setup, I got it spinning but it is spinning slow at full throttle. I tried torque throttle and speed throttle with the same results. QS 1000 mid drive so set pair pole to 5. Controller mode is squarewave. It should be spinning at 2800rpm per my calculations. As I twist the throttle there does not seem to be much change in speed, in other words, the motor goes the same speed no matter what position the throttle is in. 20190619_210139 (600 x 450).jpg

20190619_205554 (600 x 450).jpg20190619_205942 (600 x 450).jpgView attachment 1

To get the full (setup)speed with only a little throttle is expected in torque throttle mode, when you don´t have any load.
Because you don´t control speed (voltage), you control torque (amps). Very little amps are needed to run at full speed without load.

I am curios, are you one of the first to get your controller? :)

Thanks! I was thinking I was in mode 1, but when I toggle to it and try to change it, it won't let me. The wiki says it defaults to mode 2 without a switch but yes it is clearly in mode 1. So do I need to connect a switch to change it from mode 1 to 2?

FOC is new and scary, is it as simple as changing the Control mode or is there something else I need to setup/know?

j bjork said:
To get the full (setup)speed with only a little throttle is expected in torque throttle mode, when you don´t have any load.
Because you don´t control speed (voltage), you control torque (amps). Very little amps are needed to run at full speed without load.

I am curios, are you one of the first to get your controller? :)

no...there are some out there. looks like they are riding now only all time and dont strart posting :D
or maybe the sphere dies. who knows ;(

English subs available:

[youtube]Ncp8LzlK42g[/youtube]

@devo,

in control:
Speed mode = Ref. speed
setup Reference speed = 100
100 means kph...if you have 50 on Mode 1 then you should reach 50kph.

with FOC settings you benefit some % of efficiency + sinewave (no square noise) and you can setup flux weaken to get more topspeed.

you can setup all 4 Buttons as you like. you can setup one button as a toggle between S1-S2-S3
or simple put S1 on Button, S2 on Button 2, s3 on Button 3

any maybe on Button 4 -> cruise.

I suppose it means they are happy with it, and don´t really have any problems. Hopefully that is what it means :)
But strange anyway that they are not posting about how happy they are :?
If there where problems I guess they would post about that anyway..

Thanks for the nice video link, it looks to be working really nice :thumb:

Asking for clarification. In the first post on the diagram it says psu or any dc source. I take it has to match pack voltage, not just any dc souce ?

pretty sure the motor acts like a boost converter so you can have any voltage you want on the supply side. Does it act like a buck converter though? Can you supply voltage be higher than pack voltage?

Thanks you all your help guys. I guess I'm the first idiot to get a hold of one of these controllers :D

any PSU will work. But iam sure it should not be higher then the pack voltage.
if the PSU voltage is very low you need more amps...more amps = more heat ...if motor is not a big brick like qs205 you have to check temps.
melting the motor is possible (i think) but vasily will explain.

some 12v server psu reach 70-80amps. your motor will heat up quick with no airflow...even a qs205 would start sweat =)

Would be great to have clarification on this. What will work and what most likely damage components. If it boost boosts voltage, and no exactly matched dc source is needed, that would be so awesome. Its a mess having all these different chargers. Wander if i have 2 of these, one running 48v another 72, would one 40V 20A psu do them both?

Back