1000-Watt Leaf Kit

I realize that this platform may not be the most suitable for requesting guidance on building projects. I have thoroughly read through the Leaf thread dating back to 2015 and am interested in hearing from anyone who has used the Leaf 1000 watt kit. If you have any experiences or perspectives to share on the product, such as a review of its quality, ride performance, installation advantages and disadvantages, as well as any features and benefits, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
The Leafmotor/Leafbike hub motors are good quality.

An advantage might be
Do double check the shipping costs, because you might save a penny or two then buying the entire hub motor itself.
If you wish you could go with a 8" casted hub with magnet listed in the link I provided, but I would not suggest doing buying that as its easier to lace a hub into a normal rim or as some people have done a moped rim. Shipping costs can get high, its not that durable and you would have to wait for a replacement to be shipped to you, costing more money.

A normal rim, normal spokes you can get anywhere for a reasonable price and not pay for no shipping, plus your supporting your local business.

Yeah I'm emailing with Peter but it's pretty rough, and hard to get straight answers from him, also the wiring looks bush league, I heard the motors are on point,. i was not following your suggestion, you are saying buy the bare motor, controller and accessories and forget the wheel build to save money on shipping?

Last edited:
For repair purposes, you might save a peso or two just getting a stator that you burned up instead of buying the entire hub motor again. That could be an advantage. I see now that they sell a 1500w stator, it wont fit a 1000w hub motor, but they had sold the 1000w stator for the longest time.

I was also trying to say that if you like the casted rim idea then the Leaf might be a solution, but there are more disadvantages to the casted rim like if you crack it then you shell out more money for the casted rim plus more peso's in shipping so a suggestion would be to stay with the old school bicycle rim and bicycle spokes.

Last edited:
Back