a safest option for this battery

TRUE Boards

1 µW
Hello, this is my first topic.

I`m wonrking on a e-board, im using a zippy 6s 2700mAh and 35c (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=21399.html)
for a NTM motor, it works very good, so I want to change the size, I have six Turnigy nano-tech 1200mah 1S 15C Round Lipo (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=23320)
I want to connect the round cells to make a new configuration so i don`t know how to connect them.

Also, I`m thinkin' to use a safest battery like ion-litio but i dont know which one could giveme the necesary power, can somebody help me??

Thank U!!!

Well, there are plenty here that will argue that none of that HK lico stuff is ever safe.

But to make it safer, you follow the basic lipo rules. Some think, and I agree, that an even more conservative high and low discharge limits gives you a bit more safety. Like charge to 4.1v and don't discharge much below 3.65v.

The other key to operating safe, is don't let the cells get holes rubbed in them. The way they come, is not protected enough for larger size packs rattling around in a battery box.

A 1.2 ah 6s pack will be very hard to keep from over discharging. That's very small, and you'll empty it in 10 min or less.

Hey dogman!
I'l check it thanks!!

I'd like to find an alternative like ion litio du U know some cells to replace it???

There is tons of stuff out there. Lately, the limn chemistry has gained a lot of popularity since it is less likely to catch fire than lico ( lico is the Hobby King lipo).

The better quality round cells are what a lot of talk here is about these days, but I don't know much about them. They have a small weight and size though, so they should have potential for you. I assume space is tight in your battery box.

I can't keep up with it all, the battery is a constantly moving target. There are some active threads right now on Samsung cells, and Panasonic cells.

If nothing else, you need to learn about different chemistries a bit. ion litio, lipo, or lipoly, just means all kinds of lithium based chemistries.

What you have now is still the type with the best discharge rate you can get. It just takes some common sense to not have them light your house on fire. Charge them and store them in a safe place, don't let them get holes in them.

Back