Another Cooling a Currie/Mongoose/Unite MY1018Z thread

TD, how did you get the battery/controller case open? I can't even see down into those holes to figure out what kind of fastener they used. Thanks

gogo said:
TD, how did you get the battery/controller case open? I can't even see down into those holes to figure out what kind of fastener they used. Thanks
Just a #2 Phillips screwdriver (the shank should be at least 6cm.)

All I can say is Thank goodness for this old thread...it helped me put my 900W currie back together after I decided to "see how the brushes were doing" :roll:

Pretty darn cool cycles too there...I might try air cooling my currie motor this summer. Seems like a good idea, especially since I've been running it at 36v and it has been getting hot even in the cooler weather.

Maybe this wouldn't work well, but can't you just strap some ice packs onto your motor? Assuming they will fit and not fall off.

There's lots of different designs and options for cold packs that would work. I'm going to try that as my 1018z seems to get a bit warm in these 90 deg temps, even after 2 miles of <600w riding.

As for the gearbox on the 1018z, someone on this site said to add more grease to help keep the noise down. Will bike bearing grease work? How much to add? Any other ways to reduce noise without suffocating the motor in insulation? lol

Back