Anyone have experience with the Nd72280 Fardriver Controller?

OCD Garage

10 mW
I've been looking for an upgrade from my square wave 80amp controller on my scooter and was thinking this controller appears interesting for the price. I looked up a couple of videos about programming Fardriver controllers (but don't know which model exactly). I've had controllers from Sabvoton and Kelly but haven't been happy with the build quality of the Kelly having 2 of the 3 I bought malfunction. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006927189460.html?spm=a2g0o.home.0.0.650c76dbXWImqP&mp=1

I've been looking for an upgrade from my square wave 80amp controller on my scooter and was thinking this controller appears interesting for the price. I looked up a couple of videos about programming Fardriver controllers (but don't know which model exactly). I've had controllers from Sabvoton and Kelly but haven't been happy with the build quality of the Kelly having 2 of the 3 I bought malfunction. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006927189460.html?spm=a2g0o.home.0.0.650c76dbXWImqP&mp=1
I don't have experience with this particular version of the controller as I own a 841800 one, but I can say that these are very good controllers once you get them to work. Reliable and powerful, also the phone app isn't too bad for a chinese brand.
Another great option is Votol. They are quite difficult to parameter but once they work they work great, plus they are very cheap. But the programming interface is probably the worst thing ever known to mankind.

Thanks for your insights Dui ni shuo de dui. After helping me track down a disc brake conversion for my e-scooter, I thought you may have worked with these before. I had some Kelly products in the past but found them quite difficult to program as there was virtually no information of what each adjustment actually did. I have watched a couple of videos about programming the Fardriver series of controllers which look a lot more intuitive.

I have programmed a 72450 a 72680, a 96850 and a 721800.
All of them use the same App, but all are a little different in their functionality. Alll are working great.

There does exist a manual and a lot of the parameters are described.
There are also a few traps, where you can step into during setting the parameters, but it is not to difficult to get them running.

Last edited:
Thanks for your information, I have not yet purchased but am considering one for my next build (unless I use it in place of the 80amp square wave on my scooter). Do the model numbers refer to the phase amps? My battery bms claims it can take peaks of 100amps. I see similar units that are non-adjustable and so would bolt on and go without programming. The Kelly I had took a long time to get working properly, these look a bit more intuitive to set up.

I've got the 72280 in my golf cart. I can help you set it up.
Thanks for the direct offer of assistance. I may order one sooner knowing there is help available. I have seen a couple of decent 'how to set-up' videos on youTube as well. I nearly cooked a QS 50h motor figuring out the Kelly's set-up.

Back