Bafang DPC18 forgotten password

Bigwheel

1 kW
So here is the situation: I got a LUNA Z1 a year and a half ago and I remember while futzing around with the DPX18 display I managed to reset the pass code. I then proceeded to decide I didn't like that display and switched to a 500c and put the other one in a box where is has resided since.

A riding buddy who also bought a Z1 about the same time called me the other night and said his bike wouldn't power up all of the sudden and he is not all that mechanically inclined. I remembered I had my original display and pad so I thought at least it would be a good place to start so we made plans to get together today. He came by with the bike and I unplugged his DPC18 which was definitely dead and the down tube switch was on and my old display powered up but showing the need for the passcode. I did the old 1919 but that failed and then I remembered that I had altered the code but with what I can't remember and after trying a bunch of different ones none has worked so far.

So my question is if there is some way to reset the code without getting into the menu? Or maybe in the middle of the night the number will come back to me? Or maybe just easier to have him get a new display? Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Back