Better Hall Sensors?

dozentrio

10 kW
I'm having an issue with my bike where when I apply lots of throttle/power, it seems to lose sync. It stutters and cuts out. At first I thought this was me hitting the current limit. Then I thought I had defective halls (I replaced them). Then I considered that my motor controller was behaving differently than I expected because it's a 150v version with the 150v mosfets.

Finally I stumbled across a thread about the Colossus motor, and noticed there was a brief mention of hall sensors being installed in it. The part number wasn't the ss41 honeywell ones. On a similar thread I read that the issue with the large RC motors wasn't low inductance, but bad hall sensor signals. This must be it! The cause of my issue! :D My hall sensor cable is very thin gauge wire and runs right next to my phase wires. Certainly a worst case scenario for interference on the hall sensor signal. Of course, I'm working on improving that (different cable run, shielded cable). But! It's that special hall sensors part number I'm after. Does anyone know more about this? Is it the big new thing in RC motors? ... Or is it... a secret? :shock:

Back