E-Board stolen from car at work. :(

sl33py

10 kW
Well crap. Long day ended especially crappy. My board was in my old subaru tucked behind the seats... Not sure how they got in, either through the 1/4" cracked window (coat hanger?) or slim jim. No busted windows. Even took my waterbottle and santacruz hat. So LAME.

So if you see someone rolling around on my distinctive board - please let me know? my username at gmail.com SL33PY not S133py.

I'll rebuild, but man, it's been a crummy couple weeks. Just got back from my dad passing unexpectedly and was riding almost every night. Nearly 25mi this week and really helped clear the head and think... F(*&K!

20150722_202933-1.jpg

GBomb drop deck, Paris 195's, ABEC 97's, ADS motor mounts, Enertion motor/wheel gears, DIY/Torque 5065's, Dual VESC, BRAND NEW 2x6s nano-tech lipos (charged and ready to try out). :evil:

My fault. Shouldn't have expected my old suburu to say "nothing valuable in here"... Should have just grabbed it and brought it into work.

Keep an eye out if you can. Who knows, might get lucky. I'll do the police thing tomorrow, nothing i can do now.

Rob

CSN said:
watch craiglist!!!

For sure. Just a couple blocks from the skatepark by the spaceneedle. Might walk up and look at lunch over the next couple days (about 9-10 miles on the charge i'm guessing...)

Can't beat stupid... I knew better but was lazy and didn't want to haul it the block into the office. "who's going to think anything valuable is in this 1988 subaru DL wagon..." DUMB.

Sorry for you, can't your insurance help you for this? You could list the parts separately with invoice and tell them "my car was broken by theves and they stole all these things from me, stuff was in the boot hidden but still they went through"

Well that sucks. I would like file a police report or something, but would not expect much action unless the lipo batteries caught fire by thieves who didn't know how to charge them. Hope you get your board back.

Moral of the story that applies to any place is never leave anything valuable in your car for a break and grab situation. Especially lipo batteries with an unknown discharge level in the car in hot weather.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and your stolen board. I totally understand the need to go out and ride to clear your head.

Be strong, brother.

Thanks all.

Insurance - just the basic coverage. El-cheapo commuter assault vehicle so no fancy coverage for theft.
Police Report - doing that today.

Watching craigslist for it. It's pretty distinctive. If i see them trying to sell it, or someone riding it around town, there really isn't any doubt. Have a shout out to friends on FB to keep an eye, and will check local pawn shops as well.

In the scheme of things - it's just a board, but man it sucks. Especially since it was my own fault. Complacency in a "secured" garage (badge in), but no cameras, and junky car doesn't mean folks won't look. Likely a lot easier to get into my old subaru than something newer. Taking my metal water bottle, and hat (Santa Cruz - where i grew up), were both just salt in the wounds.

chuttney1 said:
Moral of the story that applies to any place is never leave anything valuable in your car for a break and grab situation. Especially lipo batteries with an unknown discharge level in the car in hot weather.

Yep!

Safety wise i knew exactly the discharge (none), and Indoor/underground garage in Seattle around 70, so not exactly hot... :wink: outside in LA would be another story!

sorry to hear that sl33py on both counts ;(

Hope you can get back into it pretty quickly. It just a matter of getting the parts ?

If you were closer to pick up id offer you a couple of my older , but babied 6s packs I rarely use anymore.

ohzee said:
sorry to hear that sl33py on both counts ;(

Hope you can get back into it pretty quickly. It just a matter of getting the parts ?

If you were closer to pick up id offer you a couple of my older , but babied 6s packs I rarely use anymore.

It's all replaceable and just a "thing" but still sucks. I have batteries (not the new 8Ah 6s ones, but still plenty to get moving). Hardest part to replace is the VESC's. And the GBomb Deck! Trucks, wheels, bearings - all stuff i have spares (maybe not the Paris 195's). Plenty of 12g wire and solder to make everything to connect "stuff".

One of the reasons i didn't lug it into work was weight. So with an "opportunity" to start fresh i think i'll go for 4-5Ah capacity at 8-12s to save some weight. Make it more "luggable". See if i can't make swapping easier and carry a spare set.

Just gotta keep moving in a direction and not let it get me down. Plenty already to stress about.

Appreciate the offer, and support!

Maybe throw up a reward poster for it. Say no questions asked blah blah.

Give some kids a few bucks to walk around and pass out the poster.

Even if you have to pay some it's worth it.

parking close to a skate park i guess you know who took it. they know you, you may even know them if you go to the skatepark so they may have recognized your car and went after it deliberately.

how much heroin does a skateboard buy anyway? doubt if they got a dime bag for it.

fuccckkers. Catch them.

Batteries up to 140 are ok I think. Getting them warm before running them is common in the electric plane world so they can discharge more amps. Higher c rating effectively. Getting them warm while running will lower its life but people do it and it's common

Damn! Sorry man..I hope it catches fire while they're riding it in polyester clothing!

Damn, really sorry for you man, big hug from France, wish you get it back.

psychotiller said:
Damn! Sorry man..I hope it catches fire while they're riding it in polyester clothing!

Bit excessive but makes me laugh a lot :lol:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I bet these are skate/longboarders and didnt even realize its electric. They just saw the ABEC11s and Gbomb deck and went for it.

I'm giving you two of my TACON 245kv. They are new. Just PM me your address.

Come on guys, lets have a little crowdfunding going on here! Lets get sl33py ready to ride Pronto!

We all know nothing puts a smile on our faces like after a brisk e-board ride.

Pediglide said:
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I bet these are skate/longboarders and didnt even realize its electric. They just saw the ABEC11s and Gbomb deck and went for it.

I'm giving you two of my TACON 245kv. They are new. Just PM me your address.

Come on guys, lets have a little crowdfunding going on here! Lets get sl33py ready to ride Pronto!

We all know nothing puts a smile on our faces like after a brisk e-board ride.

Just responded to you Pediglide. I'm absolutely humbled by the offer. I wouldn't feel right taking advantage of the offer though.

I have motors on the way and new Torque/DIY motor brackets to mount them. Just trying to source a replacement GBomb from Subsonic (Just moved to Seattle now and not quite up-to-speed it seems), or possibly a Sugar deck like rs4race originally built.

I'll rebuild. Lesson learned and trying to build a bit ligher so i don't have an excuse to not carry it in. I won't be leaving it in my car regardless. Police report filed and if they ride it around here i'm sure we'll spot it. VERY distinctive build.

If not, then they obviously needed it more than i did. What can you do? Start over and build it better for the next version!

You guys/gals are awesome and I am absolutely stunned by the offer to help.

Rob

Back