Help choosing the right leafbike 20inch hub motor

SilverLine

100 W
Hallo forum...

I´m planning build my Triad Drift Trike electric, around this hub wheel from leaf bike : https://www.leafbike.com/products/e-bike-hub-motor/gearless-20-24-26-700c-28-29-inch/20-inch-48v-1500w-front-hub-motor-wheel-1077.html

But i have a hard time, deciding the motor config. ?? Default the descriptions says : Max speed: 60.9 kmh -- 37.8mph ( 16 * 4T winding rotor )
But I would like a good amount of torque on the Drift Trike bike. Is the torque good on those "small" 20inch wheels, or would it be better to choose something like : 13 * 5T - 580RPM ??

I think that Max speed of 60 kmh, must be on the speed controller from the kit, which claims 40amp "continuously". Coming from the esk8 world, I will use a VESC v6 speed controller instead on 12s. This controller is programable and can handle 60amp continuously... so that is around 2640watt nominal.

Can that hub motor handle around 2600 watt without overheating ? If yes, then this must give me some more torque vs. leafbike controller. So that makes me doubt again what motor config. I should go with ??

In the future i plan maybe to put on some gocart wheels in the back, and then some nice speed would be appreciated, but not of the cost of torque.
Help please :)

Okay :shock:

But do you think that the default 60mph has a good amount of torque ?
I will most definitely report back. But i have a hard time, deciding wich motor config. To go fore....

Back