Help: Turnigy vs Multistar?

How's that nonsense I explained the facts

Not all rc chargers are chinese clones of an imax some are very good and 3 years of weekly use sometimes daily seems reliable to me.
Its not a pain to charge 3 bricks over night then pair them up to use the next day over 50 cycles in on my 12s pack 8 months old and I have balance charged every 4th cycle with no issues the packs stay identical to within 0.01v and if you use kid proof connectors then there be no mishaps.
I did agree that its a evolutionary step to move on to something that charges in one step with balance capabilitys but you said i speak nonsence so all i can say is a weak meanwell led psu supply from china wouldnt be at the heart of my charging rig

Using the Mean Well HLG series power supplies as a Lipo bulk charger has been analyzed every which way by some of the most knowledgeable and respected members here @ ES;
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=42169&hilit=mean+well+hlg
Maybe you should do a some research before shooting from the hip and telling us something that many of us have been doing for years, can't be done.

Maybe ive done my research and thats why I suggested the HP supply mentioned as it has more power than the mean well at less than half the price ;)
I would just like to add your meanwell adjustable charger does great i never suggest it was impossible i explianed how i would build my own bulk charger ? just I would not suggest it to a novice.

So you are advocating "breaking" (disconnecting) the serial string of a 12S pack every time to use a 10S + 10S charger?
If the answer is yes, then you really don't understand how to handle large Lipo packs.

I'm not advoctating to split a pack down same as i did not say bulk charge is not possible have you even read all my posts ? I agree its wiser to charge as a whole but it can be done in separate packs and then series them up ive never heard anyone saying that lipo will lose its balance by rearranging the cell count. As long as they are charged to the same potential difference between each cell so 4.2v then it doesn't matter how many packs you add they will charge to the same ah/cell iif part of a series pack or singular so care to explain further how breaking my series string of 12s is risky compared to a bulk charge ?

I choose an rc charger as It could measure resistance it has temp sensors and my first scooter was 10s, Even though I'm a qualified electrician i still learnt a lot with that charger reclaiming 18650s and being able to see what's happening through its screen thats why I wouldn't drop someone straight on a mean well they could burn they house down I know I'm doing nothing dangourous but there are better methods than a two stage charge but not for newbs I wouldn't recommend it.

Back