Kreisel - Water Cooled Battery Packs

pucak92

100 µW
Hey, I saw that company Kreisel from Austria, doing convertions of cars going electric, I saw it from that post of Arnold, well, can you guys imagine what an amazing thing would it be to have water cooled battery in an E-bike? Being able to charge it much faster, maintain temperature at 25-30 C´ all the time, more power, more lifetime, damn! ... I sent them email if they are able to do custom made water cooled batteries, but if they do it would be super cool!!!

Does anyone know any other company that does similar stuff like this? I love that, finally found what i was looking for.

Being able to charge faster and discharge more power by sucking the heat out of the cells, wont prevent the cycle life of the cells from being reduced by the high amp abuse.
Heat in the pack simply means the pack is wasting energy and is probably undersize for the application.
Who want the complication , weight, and cost of cooling systems on a Ebike anyway ?

you could maybe design it such that if you had a permanent place for fast charge you could pump the water through and drain it out saving lots of the weight on the bike. i.e. an off board reservoir for your water. plus you could have a massive reservoir which can soak up way more heat. Obviously not helpful for discharging but still better than carrying water about with you.

You may want to look into LTO batteries. They charge in 8 min. Just remember that is a 50 amp power supply for a 10 amp/hr battery. A 10 amp supply charges 10 amp/hr battery in one hour and they really don't generate much heat. If you need more information or planning to buy, we have a member of the group is selling them. Best of luck with your project!!!

Back