Loaded Vanguard 2015 Dual VESC / Rear 12S

Squad said:
I have tried this on my first build but failed, I guess batery pack enclosure shape was too complex for single sheet of twill carbon to adapt, there was air trapped in corners of mold that carbon and resin did not fill, anyway my failure disencouraged me from further experiments with lamination. Are You using clear gelcoat to finish parts?

thats exactly what im afraid of as well - guess you need to get some feeling for when to make the breather layer a little thicker, or actually use small rolls of PP/PE/breather material to make artificial tunnels to actually get all the air out. im looking forward to my experiments too :)

I tried taking your advice and stick to my caliber trucks, but they are so bad compared to my Ronin's. I tried to dial them in with bushings and new pivots but could never get the perfect feeling like the Ronin with buttery smooth turns especially at slow speeds that are needed on the streets. I put the Ronin's on my board and they take the same risers that I use for my calibers with kegels. I have torqueboards motor mounts for a dual. Can I purchase some adapters from you I live in the US. I making a board mostly inspired by your builds the board I'm going to use is a 2014 wolfshark.

I am modeling some mounts based on boosted's design. I can send the models your way and you can have them CNC'd if you want it to look really clean.

That sounds awesome, but honestly I have little knowledge of CNC. Do you have any pictures of the mounts?

Back