MXUS 3k-V3 Temp Sensor info? Expected readings?

Hi all, hope you're all well today.

I'm doing some testing on my new MXUS 3k v3 but I dont know what values to expect from my temperature sensor wire (white). After running freestanding for a while it read 1.24k on 20k resistance setting on my meter.

I read back in the day on a forum post here that it is a kty83/110 PTC thermistor, but I don't want to bank on that. Looking at the datasheet that seems about right at 50-60c. I guess I can try to compare once it is back at room tempterature to verify if this chart is correct?

My phaserunner controller just doesnt read anything from it, just says 0c and 0.00v in the software. :(

Thank you all! ❤

I had a similar problem on my QS205, so I replaced the KTY83 with a NTC 10k so I could connect it to a readily available temperature meter.

Hi all, hope you're all well today.

I'm doing some testing on my new MXUS 3k v3 but I dont know what values to expect from my temperature sensor wire (white). After running freestanding for a while it read 1.24k on 20k resistance setting on my meter.

I read back in the day on a forum post here that it is a kty83/110 PTC thermistor, but I don't want to bank on that. Looking at the datasheet that seems about right at 50-60c. I guess I can try to compare once it is back at room tempterature to verify if this chart is correct?

My phaserunner controller just doesnt read anything from it, just says 0c and 0.00v in the software. :(

Thank you all! ❤
Which hall set did you use? Because there might be 2 different sensors

"Important tips for the mxus 3k turbo electric motor
The motor has 2 DIFFERENT temperature sensors. The first set of Halls has a KTY-83 sensor for Sabvoton controllers, and the second set of Hall sensors has an NTC10k sensor for sinus KT controllers. This allows the motor to be used with both types of controllers. To distinguish which of the white temperature sensor wires goes to which version, measure the resistance between the white wire and the black GND of the Hall sensors. If the measurement shows a resistance of ~1kΩ = KTY83, if ~10kΩ, it is NTC10k. The white temperature sensor wires are not assigned to specific sets of Hall sensors, so you can use one set of Hall sensors and a sensor from the second set."

Source for that: Electric motor for bike Mxus 45H v3 3K-Turbo 3000W 3T (21x3) Rear

Back