Rush Hour Commute Video! Uncut! Uncensored!

Lenk42602

10 kW
So I took my Palm Centro video camera phone and strapped it to my chest this am and pm during rush hour. Was pointed a bit too low in the am, but this afternoon's video was pretty cool!

The beginning out of the gate is an uphill climb, then a nice, long downhill, trackstand, merge into traffic, rub elbows for several miles with the wheeled coffins, another trackstand, then punch it to the house!!!!

I see some new video equipment in my future.....and a need for software....editing software....music and ebike foootage video........this is going to get interesting :twisted:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3486872651786930118&hl=en

man, this is fun..... :mrgreen:

Not bad - but try yelling out commentary once in awhile. :lol:
Someone told me you can stick a piece of foam over the mic to quiet down the wind noise.

Well... that's easily one of the weirdest things I've seen in a long time. Here I sit in the boonies of northwest Montana and re-live my childhood through the eyes of Mr. Len on his ebike. Shooting down Hill Rd past the Zoo, past Highland Park Bridge and Washington Blvd and Alleghany River Blvd all the way to Oakmont and that bizarre Giant Eagle gas station where my parents get their free gas from their grocery card. Ugh... glad I've had a lot of beers as I'm having major flashbacks right now. Ahh the old stomping grounds. Haha! :lol:

I bet you're stoked on your 5 series motor in that kind of traffic! :shock:

Pwb,

glad i can take you there.....that does sound like a pretty bizarre scenario... I can see you hunkered over your dimly lit screen, peering into the past....... :shock:

make sure you let me know when you're back, we'll rock the ARB.....

peace,

Len

all out man. but i hate the all exhaust from riding in the street with so much traffic. maybe thats how lance armstrong got cancer, i dont know

Heh. I'm going to have to make a vid for that 72V test. Traffic around here is horrid usually. It's only clear between about 11AM - 1PM.

Yeah, the street sucks unless you're wanting a really high-speed commute (40+mph), especially around here where everyone's doing 50 on a 35mph street. :roll:

Lenk42602 said:
I see some new video equipment in my future.....and a need for software....editing software....music and ebike foootage video........this is going to get interesting :twisted:

If you can run Linux, you can get video software free. I use Kino for editing and DVDstyler to make DVD layouts. In both cases there are tutorials on the web when you get stuck. Then, of course, you might enjoy paying for your operating system and software! :wink: :roll:
Good luck!

That road is usually more backed up than it was yesterday. Speed was around 27-31 mph on the long narrow road. Had to slow down a bit during the squueeze points.....

Len

Nice video mate, you Americans drive on the 'wrong' side of the road though :p

Actually, I do believe that we drive on the right side of the road. Literally, in fact. :wink:

I heard that this stems from days gone by, in yee ol England they road horses on the left of the road so as they had the right free to swing their sword about, the Americans apparently in defiance rode on the right :-S no idea how true this is was something I heard on a doco not so long ago on the ABC.

Hi Lenk,

nice vid, i hanker for some video when my bikes off the road and this was particularly nice to watch, not too bad a quality given the cam :)
more would be great but thanks for boosting the vid content, definately not enough ppl showing us video of their bikes in action imo :(
Keep up the good work !!!!

Cheers

D

thanks dec,

i just ordered one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DV-182-3-1-MP-Mega-Pixel-Digital-Video-Camera-Camcorder_W0QQitemZ220252614513QQihZ012QQcategoryZ11724QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Came across a website that illustrated how to mount one of these on a pedal bike for race training evaluation. Here's the link:
http://www.webwombat.com.au/lifestyle/general/WombatCam.htm

21 bucks, worth a shot!

I will post another with this new set up once I receive it...

Len

Back