S06P and S09P controllers questions

Neitsabes

1 µW
Hi all,

I'm new here, and I 've read a lot before posting without finding the exact answer to my questions....

I have 2 bikes, both on 26" rims, one with a Q100h 201 rpm 36 volts, S06P controller, S-LCD5, schwalbe 26x2.35 big apple tyres and hand grip throttle, 10S LiPo batteries ( 25c 5000 mAh ), the other one with Q100H260 rpm, S09P controller, S-LCD3, schwalbe marathon plus 26x1.5 tyres and thumb throttle 12 S LiPo batteries ( 25c 4500 mAh ).

I'm happy with the speed, power and range I get, ad on a flat road I get a solid 30 km/h on the second bike and 40 km/h when turning the pedals with a range of about 50 km if I only use the motor as a help but still have a few questions...

On both bikes, I experience motor cutoff at any speed while riding a hill when the speed comes down, is it a problem with the P and C parameters, or is it just because I don't have the speed sensor installed ? ( looks like the answer is no ) or any other reason ?
I can see the wattage on the lcd display ( didn't check if it is reliable ) I normally get between 50 and 280 watts, but sometimes when climbing a hill it goes up to 850 ! maybe that's the answer too ? if yes wich parameter can I use to get it down to an acceptable value for the controller ?
I also tought that maybe I was using too small batteries, so I checked the voltage when this happens, and it is not going down more than 1 volt ( it happens with full battery, half empty battery or near empty battery ) but I didn't try with 2 batteries in parallel yet.
I've tested some P and C setups I've seen on the forum, but without any better result...

Nothing relative to this problem, but I tested a S-06S controller, and was unable to make it run either the 201 or 260 rpm motor on 9 or 10 S LiPo ( starts great, the shuts off after 2 or 3 seconds... )

and more important to me now, is there any way to install 2 thumb throttle control on one controller ? the Idea is to have a throttle control for each position with such a handlebar:

guidon-papillon-contest-traveler.jpg

Yesterday, I connected a speed sensor to the controller, I had to change P1 to 204 to get the same reading with motor on and off, motor is less noisy too with this setup ( I tested from 185 to 250 ), but it looks like it doesn't solve the cutoff problem... do I just need a bigger controller like the S12?

Try lower vakues of P1. IIRC my Q75 needed P1=160 to stop the same problem as you had.

I've used two throttles to the same controller when I used one as a cruise control without a return spring. Use a two or three position switch to switch between them:

Back