Tesla P90D ludicrous mode goes 2.6 sec 0-60 mph !!!

Doctorbass

100 GW
lol.. a 7 passenger sedan car that can do that right out of the showroom without any mod... !

It was 3.1 with tghe P85D and already AWSOME!!

Then went to 2.8s with the battery fuse improovement

and now 2.6s 0-60mph :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: with a new updated launch control !! and 10.9 on the 1/4 mile

Yes TESLA are now 10 second cars.. right of the show room and constant !

Please can you find any car other production than tesla that can be improoved so quickly!!! and also receive update thru wifi /internet and get amelioration !!! Wow!

Elon YOU ROCK !! 8)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...l-s-p90d-ludicrous-upgrade-first-test-review/

Doc

screen%20shot%202015-07-17%20at%203.47.15%20pm.png

screen%20shot%202015-07-17%20at%203.20.54%20pm.png

Doc

ICE vehicles thermodynamic destiny was to become performance irrelevant.

Thank you Tesla for demonstrating it!

?.......The P90D starts life as an already-insane Model S P85D but with the P85D's 221-hp front and 470-hp rear (691 hp combined) motors swapped for a front motor that makes 259 hp and 244 lb-ft of torque and a rear motor that produces 503 hp and 469 lb-ft of torque. Total output is 762 hp and 713 lb-ft of torque.
Have they actually changed the motors, or just re rated them due to the increased amperage ?
The front motor was originally quoted to be 188 hP, then later 221 hP, in the "P" spec cars, and recently it was specified as a 259 hP motor even before this last " Ludicrous" spec.
I find it hard to believe Tesla would have physically changed the motor twice within a year since release of the D models.

IIRC the 691HP has always been a sleight-of-hand by their marketing department, as it was simply the summation of the peak rating for both front and rear motor, but the car couldn't power both motors to that rating simultaneously (470HP max IIRC?).

I guess they've bumped up the power limit thanks to on-going development work. It would be interesting to know what the P90D makes on an accurate chassis dyno.

Punx0r said:
IIRC the 691HP has always been a sleight-of-hand by their marketing department, as it was simply the summation of the peak rating for both front and rear motor, but the car couldn't power both motors to that rating simultaneously (470HP max IIRC?).

I guess they've bumped up the power limit thanks to on-going development work. It would be interesting to know what the P90D makes on an accurate chassis dyno.

The 90kWh pack seems to have substantially higher power capacity, as a drag racing quarter mile calc based on time and vehicle mass estimates 714hp, and based on mph and mass at the quarter estimates 680hp.

To get 4,690lbs+ 160lbs for driver up to that 122mph trap speed in that distance requires an average continous power delivery >550hp.

As long as the model S has been around its been pack power limited. Each time cells improve, the EV performance envelope and/or range improve proportionally. Battery technology is just beginning to bloom and it already has so many amazing new cells available today. ICE vehicles will continue to be stuck in the same hard thermodynamic limits as EV performance attributes will float directly on the back of battery technology.

The all have the same motor, Motor trend was off on saying the motors were swapped out. I bet the rear motor can do 1000hp burst and the front motor can do 700 burst. I'm proud to live in the times I do and I am very happy Elon has put it all on the line. He has an amazing team working with him at Tesla and between him and JB Straubel have worked hard dedicating their lives to making this happen. Without them we would be 10-20 years behind the curve.... I hope one day to meet them.... :)

Back