• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

The New Tongsheng TSDZ3 - anyone have experience?

When I first looked, I'm pretty sure that ONE of the ONLY two ads I found for the TDSZ3 had suggestive imagery that told me it could be mounted as the TSDZ2 mounts - as a "bottom bracket" mount. However, that site has now been updated and so now BOTH of the only two ads I've seen, seem to show it's only for a weld-in mount.

Frankly, I think that's the dumbest idea they've got going. I cannot imagine there's anywhere near the size market for that! ... And certainly I for one am not interested in that kind of product. ... I guess an email to the company is in order! So, I wrote them this letter:

---
Subject: Question about TSDZ3

Hello,

I am confused about your new TSDZ3 product; is it only available as a weld-in product or do you offer it as a Bottom-Bracket system as well? It might be worth asking; if it is weld-in-only today, are you planning to make it a bolt-in product, similar to the TSDZ2?

If it's a weld-in-only system, this is very puzzling because many of us have heard you were working on a new system, but thought it would be mounting to existing bikes without modifying the frame. To a great many of us, there is a very long list of reasons why that is something we will not do - including me! Chief among these reasons are: cost, risk, and resale value. Additionally, the ability to move an electric unit from one bicycle to another is a big plus which is lost. And it seems puzzling because the market for a weld-in kit must be much smaller.

If weld-in-only, can you please share why you have made this choice?

Thank you,

----

I will post their reply, if any, here...
I’ve purchased a few motors with weld in only. I like the idea but but I like steel frames and therefore don’t fancy welding that aluminium motor hanger into an aluminium framed bike. I would like to see steel motor hangers, Welding none butted tube with thin aluminium walls ain’t such a good idea. To fit motors to a hanger is a lot tidier than going through the BB..
It takes more skill but is infinitely more professional.
Vintage Volts, I like the idea of fitting electric motors to older steel framed bicycle. In a similarly manner that 50’s motorcycles bolted aluminium motors to steel frames with engine plates. Having thicker and steel tubing they are strong and take welding better. I particularly like cargo bikes. I use an electrically converted MailStar. It’s a right work horse 150kg maximum load. X-RD3 climbs all Snowdonia hills, maintenance free and reliability is second to none.
Don’t forget that Truckrun Motors Ltd, make incredible motors, more refined than Bafang, and more powerful than a Bosch, performance line CX.
Torque sensors are not for the disabled. The idea of pushing harder on the pedals to ask for more power, just when I need it most. Is absurd if your legs are like mine after my heart attack, your better off with a speed sensing set up.
I was suckered in by the torque sensors rhetoric, but after practical experience I preferred the speed sensor way. When my legs are tired I raise a pas level and have an instant rest. After the rest I turn it down again untill I’m taking too much weight on my feet again.

Need help for my TDSZ3. What parts do i did and tools when i regrease service my motor. Tools for easy disassemble ans assemble. And parts i need to replace inside the motor like the wear and tear parts. Thank you so much

to disassemble, i use some metric allen wrenches, screw driver with several phillips head bits, 3lb sledge hammer, circlip pliers, socket+ratchet. all sizes are metric.

Back