Thun Torque sensor output stuck at ~ 0.75 volts

dancliff

10 mW
last year I purchased an EFNEO crank gearbox that included a Thun x-cell rt 3.0 torque sensor. At the time, I had CA v2.3, so I wasn't able to hook-up the torque sensor.

I recently purchased CA V3 from ebikes.ca and attempted to setup the torque sensor to enable pedal assist. I've found that the torque input to the cycle analyst is always stuck at ~0.75 volts. While sitting still I can stand on the left pedal and observe the torque sensor output level in the CA setup screen and it never moves. Has anyone seen this from a Thun torque sensor previously? Is this indicative of an incorrect installation, or it just the case that I have a bad torque sensor?

Please note that the cadence sensor is working correctly, as I'm able to configure the CA for basic PAS operation and that works correctly.

General bike info: hard-tail mountain bike with rear-mounted MAC-10T, infineon 6-fet controller, and 14S battery from Em3ev.

last year I purchased an EFNEO crank gearbox that included a Thun x-cell rt 3.0 torque sensor. At the time, I had CA v2.3, so I wasn't able to hook-up the torque sensor.

I recently purchased CA V3 from ebikes.ca and attempted to setup the torque sensor to enable pedal assist. I've found that the torque input to the cycle analyst is always stuck at ~0.75 volts. While sitting still I can stand on the left pedal and observe the torque sensor output level in the CA setup screen and it never moves. Has anyone seen this from a Thun torque sensor previously? Is this indicative of an incorrect installation, or it just the case that I have a bad torque sensor?

Please note that the cadence sensor is working correctly, as I'm able to configure the CA for basic PAS operation and that works correctly.

General bike info: hard-tail mountain bike with rear-mounted MAC-10T, infineon 6-fet controller, and 14S battery from Em3ev.

Turns out that I had the torque input and ground lines swapped. After connecting these signals correctly, the torque PAS mode seems to work correctly.

Back