Motor mount..........Aliendrive
Gearing ratio.........14/36
ESC.....................Vesc
Controller.............Nunchuc
Motor..................SK3 168kv 6374
Battery................2x 5s2p LG 18650 HE2 2500 mAh / 20A

File_000 (3) kopio 2.jpeg

Here is link to the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/raxga

During this winter I have been building myself a longboard. I have learned so much about electric longboards while reading this awesome forum. I finished the board today. Only thing what I'm waiting is to XT90 anti-spark connector to arrive.

I started this project few months ago. I started gathering parts slowly peace by peace. There was a lot of thinking where I should buy each part because there is not really enough suppliers in Europe.
-Motor, wiring and connectors from hobbyking.
-Motor mount from aliendrivesystems
-Vesc from Elkick, Recommended if you live in Europe! (I added a heat shrink to protect it)
-Nunchuck

I made the enclosures by using my diy vacuum box. I used 3mm thick ABS. It worked really well. After molding I got rid off the excess plastic.

I attached the enclosures by using wood inserts. They seem like holding pretty well.

I have lipo charger capable of 6s charging. Using BMS will take too much space and I'm going to balance my pack by using balancing charger. I build the two batteries by using diagram in the pictures. So it is 5s2p x2 connected in series.

About the wires which goes to battery to the Vesc I am using 10 AWG wire where in the battery end is XT60 series connector and in the other end XT90 anti-spark connector. Using this method allows me to charge the board without making extra holes for charging port and I don't have to worry any sparks when I connect power to the board.

And good news to all diy builders from Europe! I noticed that there is not much sellers who sell motor pulleys or those who sell are setting the price pretty high! In month or so I can provide aluminium 13t, 14t, 15t HTD5M pulleys to you with 9mm belt width. These pulleys include keyway also! The price will be 20€ per set including all three sizes or 10€ per pulley plus 6€ shipping to Europe. I will notice you when I get these pulleys!

mccloed said:
Nice build! I like how you disconnect the batteries and charge in parallel.

Thanks! These both batteries have their own connector. So in the end of charging cable is xt60 parallel connector like this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10265__XT60_Harness_for_2_Packs_in_Parallel_1pc_.html

whitepony said:
looks great!! really nice job on the enclosures! :)

did you connect the cells by soldering or welding?

Thank you!:) These packs are welded together. After welding I soldered wires to a nickel strip. I think it is important to weld 18650 packs so you can avoid any kind of problems in the future

Back