Vendors with EM3EV-compatible frame packs?

toxie

10 mW
About a year ago I bought a BBS02 kit and a couple of frame pack batteries from EM3EV. The kit is still going strong with about 3000km on it, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

This summer, I started having problems with one of the battery packs. It would cut out after a couple of Ah of usage, and require a power cycle on the BMS to get it working again.

I spoke with Paul from EM3EV (cell_man) and with his help tracked the problem down to a bad cell group in the battery, which was being drained below LVC. The battery is not completely dead, I can sort of use it by disassembling it and manually charging the bad cell group with a bench PSU after every 4-5 cycles, but it's a pain in the ass.

Paul offered a store credit on my next order to compensate for the problem, which seemed fair to me. I was planning on buying another battery anyway to increase my range, so I decided to get two instead. Sent the payment a couple of weeks ago. Now, it turns out EM3EV's shipper says they can't ship lithium batteries to Iceland because of the new IATA regulations! Obviously not EM3EVs fault, but damn if it isn't frustrating. It looks like I'm just stuck with this bad battery and won't have a chance of using this store credit. :evil:

So, having grudgingly accepted my loss, my question is: can someone here point me to a battery vendor that sells the same frame packs as EM3EV so I can try to order from them? I know stores here are selling lithium batteries so it's not like it's impossible to ship them. They have to be the same frame packs so I can re-use the mount, as I want to mix and match the old and new batteries.

EDIT: Found what looks like the same frame pack at BMSBattery, they call it "bottle-09". But they only have up to 10S5P, so I'm still interested in hearing about other vendors.

The packs are actually in the UK. They got there before the UK logistics provider, discovered they couldn't ship any batreries to Iceland. I'd wouldn't be surprised if others also run into the same issues as we did and not everyone is as willing as us to swallow the costs.
i know moon was dealing with this, but maybe send me another email and I'll let Moon check and see if we have any other options. I remember hearing we had an issue to iceland, but didn't put 1 and 1 together and realise it was yours. Sorry about this.
For other readers info, there was high self discharge on 1 cell group in the pack. It is a litle out of warranty, so we offered a big discount on a replacement pack and also included a prepared group of 6 cells (FOC), that could be transplanted into the pack (edge of pack, so accessible). This is not something we see too often, would love to get a good look, to know what could have caused it.

Beats me how any other vendor can ship to Iceland, if EM3ev cannot.

Know anybody with a boat that goes to Europe?

Back