Walmart Booster Battery Warranty Results

Boyntonstu

10 kW
In December 2015 I purchased 4 12V Everstart LiPo battery boosters and 4 2 year warranties.

This was from my email receipt: Everstart Multi-Function Jump Starter & Battery Charger 4 $32.49 $129.96
Arrives by Tue., Dec 15
Order subtotal: $141.96
Walmart Shipping: Free
Total Tax: $8.52
Order Total: $150.48
($150.48 was for the four $32.49 batteries, the $3 warranty, and shipping)

Today I received four $42.24 checks from Asurion, the warranty company for Walmart, totaling: $168.96!

Why? The batteries were on sale and the $3 each warranty were for the full list price.

I was allowed to keep the 4 clamp cables and the four chargers.

In summation: I rode 1,700 free miles on the batteries and I received an $18.48 bonus.

Not too shabby,

Well, that sure worked. Did you tell them you jump started your car 170 times? I'd say you got your money's worth, using them in a way the warranty in no way covered.

dogman dan said:
Well, that sure worked. Did you tell them you jump started your car 170 times? I'd say you got your money's worth, using them in a way the warranty in no way covered.

Excuse me. The warranty was for unconditional use and for even misuse, including dropping or breaking.

(My laptop was dropped and replaced.)

I suggest that before you comment on the warranty you read the details.

Missing from your OP is a statement that you returned the batteries under warranty. That was pretty confusing at first.

In what way did the batteries fail in order to prompt a warranty claim?

Punx0r said:
Missing from your OP is a statement that you returned the batteries under warranty. That was pretty confusing at first.

In what way did the batteries fail in order to prompt a warranty claim?

They could not test them for capacity.

They have no replacements.

They sent me a prepaid shipping label and then sent me the 4 checks.

Well they are the dumb shits then, if there are no conditions on how you used them. Most warranties are packed with them. I figured the first time you series connected them, that hade violated the warranty.

dogman dan said:
Well they are the dumb shits then, if there are no conditions on how you used them. Most warranties are packed with them. I figured the first time you series connected them, that hade violated the warranty.

They are making tons of money on the warranties that they sell,

Most folks don't ask them to honor their unconditional warranties.

The boosters come with an LED light and a USB port.

There are multiple ways for them to malfunction besides not having the rated advertised capacity.

Shop with care.

True,,, ordinarily those extra warranties are said to be the worst buy on earth. They make a ton on them when a product lasts.

Well done Stu, few of us thought that would work, but you came out ahead.
Not the way i would want to source batteries, but it proved a point.
Also, my limited experience with the "extended warranty" or "after sales" warranty,...has also been that there is always a trap in the fine print or conditions of use, that prevents a payout when you claim.....but luckily yours worked.

Hillhater said:
Well done Stu, few of us thought that would work, but you came out ahead.
Not the way i would want to source batteries, but it proved a point.
Also, my limited experience with the "extended warranty" or "after sales" warranty,...has also been that there is always a trap in the fine print or conditions of use, that prevents a payout when you claim.....but luckily yours worked.

Two Walmart purchases, 2 Asurion warranties, two 100% refunds or replacements.

One man's experience.

YMMV

Back