Where and how to buy Q100 "Cute"motors, not from BMS Batt.

motomech

10 MW
In the never-ending, up and down saga of BMS Battery's service, enough people are complaining of mis-treatment to warrant, I.M.O., a list of other vendors who can sell you a Q100 motor.
But first, a quick primer on the 5 versions currently available. They are, using BMS Battery's nomenclature;
(I am only listing the 36V motors)

The original (standard) versions;
Q100--250-350W front driving, offered in two motor speeds, a slow speed(201) and a fast speed(328).
Q100--250-350W rear driving, offered in two motor speeds, a slow speed(201) and a fast speed(328). Free wheel fitment only.

Q100H--350W front driving, offered in two motor speeds, a slow speed(201) and a mid speed(260). More efficient, greater power.
Q100H--350W rear driving, offered in two motor speeds, a slow speed(201) and a mid speed(260). More efficient, more power. Free wheel fitment only.

Q100C (CST) rear driving, offered in two motor speeds, a slow speed(201) and a fast speed(328). Not high power. Cassette fitment only.

Pre-order tips;

The fast speed(328) motors are only for wheels 24"or smaller.
There are no liabilities in using the high powered H models, so when a H is available in the required specs., it should be used instead of the stand.
(Example exception; motors for 16"and 20"wheels that need the fast speed(328) motors.)
For donor bikes with a decent free hub cassette system, the CST motor should be used to retain that system.
(Example exception; for greatest power output, the H could be used with a free wheel.)

BMS Battery............................................................Elifebike..............................................................Greenbikekit

Q100 250-350W frt. driving.............................................N.A.......................................................GBK-100F, silver, 201 and 328
Q100 250-350W rear driving............................................N.A.......................................................GBK-100R, silver, 201 and 328

Q100H frt. driving(black).............................................QQ100F, silver, 260..........................................................N.A.
Q100H rear driving(black)............................................QQ100R, black, silver, 260..................................................N.A.

Q100C(new style Aikema, Black).....................................QQ-140-R CST Silver, 201, 328...........................GBK-100 CST silver, 201, 328

A forth option would be, ordering from the factory direct, Aikema motors.
I am not aware of anyone ordering motors from them, but recently a member, johnrobholmes, ordered parts from them and said they responded quickly and in English.
Their product nomenclature is non-exsistent and as near as I can tell, one orders by product description.
They offer a few versions of the Cute not available elsewhere.

So there, these are some options for those not comfortable in ordering from BMS Battery(for those who must have their motors in black excluded).
I can not guarantee the service of the other vendors, but have had good experiences with ELB.

I am also a fan of the ELB 9-FET 350W controllers for use with the Q100. While they not packed full of features of the BMS B. sine wave controllers an SLCD-3 display, they are more tolerent of batt. chemistry Voltages and are better matched, power wise, to the Cute

Back