Where can I get such a battery?

Cricket_Swe

100 W
I'm looking for a battery pack to support the AFT 48V 1680W mid drive kit. AFT says it should be able to handle 60 amps peak and 40 amps continuous. (Or else they can limit peak power hence amps to suit other batteries in the kelly controlller)

I got the advice of "high discharge rate" batteries for this motor, and that maybe this would be a good one if I can verify that it is genuine Samsung batteries: http://dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk/spares/electric-bike-kit-spares/bafang-8fun-batteries/25r-nt-style-48v-10ah-samsung-battery-bafang.html

I sent them an email asking about it and what peak Amps etc. But maybe someone can recommend me something else? Perhaps someone makes battery packs that are good for my purposes? I would love for it to be waterproof as well, an ebike seems useless if you can't ride it in the rain.

I'll ride this bike 65% on flat ground and 35% on mountainbike trails (nothing extreme though)

Cricket-Wheelie said:
I'm looking for a battery pack to support the AFT 48V 1680W mid drive kit. AFT says it should be able to handle 60 amps peak and 40 amps continuous. (Or else they can limit peak power hence amps to suit other batteries in the kelly controlller)

I got the advice of "high discharge rate" batteries for this motor, and that maybe this would be a good one if I can verify that it is genuine Samsung batteries: http://dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk/spares/electric-bike-kit-spares/bafang-8fun-batteries/25r-nt-style-48v-10ah-samsung-battery-bafang.html

I sent them an email asking about it and what peak Amps etc. But maybe someone can recommend me something else? Perhaps someone makes battery packs that are good for my purposes? I would love for it to be waterproof as well, an ebike seems useless if you can't ride it in the rain.

I'll ride this bike 65% on flat ground and 35% on mountainbike trails (nothing extreme though)

If it does contain 25R cells, the pack could handle 80A peak power (4 paralled strings of 25R cells, each 20 amp rated). 80A, provided the BMS can handle the 80A of course. Also, if you plan to take full potential of the 80A, make shure the cabling,wiring arness soldered connection can handle it.

But for the AFT 48V 1680W mid drive kit that should pull max 40A, if this pack contains what it says (25R cells) and has a good BMS. You should be rock solid with it.

It's actually one of the only commercially availabe full-made ready to plug and play battery pack that Ive ever seen on the web that could really withand being used with such a motor or a BBSHD, without fear or getting it abused... I think even 4P with 8A GA cells (supposed to be good to up to 32A) or even 10A cells like the PF would not be good on a 1500W BBSHD IMHO. I mean the GA 4P pack would probable preamaturely wear out waaay too fast to be any good bang for the bucks kinda deal... I'm also veru skeptical about using a 1500 W BBSHD with 4p pf PF cells.... it's pushing it a bit too much

25R cells, you're golden.

You need to verify that the bms in any complete pack you buy is rated for a 60A or higher output. The 25R cells are rated for 20A each, so the actual batteries in that pack is rated for 80A, as they are 4 in parallel. Personally, I'd buy two 10C or higher 6s rc lipo packs and put them in series for a 48V system.

It's the bms thats limiting current to protect the pack. Samsung 25r are good cells. There could have points of current restriction. Where it would cause heat or bms shut down. For 60amp a 15ah of same cells should be used for long life.

There are current spikes and then amp draw. Wot.
How about a link to the kit and the spec's of the controller ? Riding style, how much do you weigh ?how steep the hill for how long ?. What you hauling ?? Or just flat and always down hill. Cuss I always have the wind at my back.

AFT 48V 1680W mid drive kit http://www.aft-ebike.com/kits--pricing.html

I weigh about 65kg there will be uphill in the mountainbike trails, never really haul anything worth noting.

I buy most of my rc lipo batteries from hobbyking.com. The last 2 888wh packs I bought for $180 each. They were made up of 4s packs. I bought them on sale. A 10ah 12s pack would have cost $90. I used my first pack 4.5 years and am still using part of it in one of my UPS's. Those are 20C 4s hardcase packs.

Do you mean like this? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-high-capacity-6s-16000mah-multi-rotor-lipo-pack.html

If I get two of them and put them together will they be better than the samsung pack? I contacted them about the samsung pack and they said: "" That battery can handle max 40 Amps.""

Back