• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

throttle brand identification?

BVH

1 kW
I need a wiring diagram of a 4-wire half-twist "48 system Volt" throttle with the name - as best as I can tell- "Pthe" or "dthe" molded all over the rubber grip. I tried searching for these two names on the web with no results. I think one wire is for the battery condition led's and the other 3 are the standard 3-wire for a standard throttle. Wire colors are: Red, White, Black, Purple. I'm guessing red is the 5V supply, White is the 0-5V return signal, Black is ground and Purple is battery Voltage. Any help with links to a website, diagram or personal knowledge of this throttle would be appreciated.

IMG_1240.jpg

Sounds like you have it right to me. You should be able to just match colors to the controller, and the purple is the wire to the led's for sure.

Thanks Dogman. I tested it out with a variable power supply set to 5 Volts and my guess and your confirmation are correct. Thanks!

i just recieved a clients motor/controller for repair and the throttle is identical to the one you have. and you are correct. the purple is 48V, white is the signal, black is 0V and red is +5V.

rick

Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and was hoping for some assist. My questions are probably elementry but I am learning as I go. I also have this same throttle from a 48V Crystalyte kit I got from Electric Rider. I would like to use this 4 pin throttle on differnt 48 volt controller I got from RayBen motors (48V 500W) but the throttle connection is on that one is three pin. Can I safely connect the purple wire for the LED's some where on the contoller (or battery) so it would work..?? Thanks in advance for your help. Tim

I haven't done that yet but you can hook it to any convenient battery Voltage source. It just reads battery pack voltage.

I was concerned with such a small gauge wire it would fry it connecting it directley to the POS+ terminal on the connected batteries...you reckon it s/b OK...??

No, the voltage is not going to fry the wire. There's practically no current going thru the wire. It's only powering some LED's. Large amounts of current would fry a small wire, not the voltage.

Anyone know who makes the throttle for the Cyclone/eLation kits?

Its got ORO on it but a google search doesn't come back with anything. 7 pin connector, 6 wire setup.

Are there there any other throttles that are compatible with the controller that accepts this connection?

wildnrg,

7 pin connector? 6 being used? is that throttle for a Cyclone/headline motor?

little details like that might actually help someone answer your question. especially since the membership got together and burned at the stake the last member who claimed to be psychic. yep had us a nice bonfire last october. aren't any mindreaders left here.

rick

rkosiorek said:
wildnrg,

7 pin connector? 6 being used? is that throttle for a Cyclone/headline motor?

little details like that might actually help someone answer your question. especially since the membership got together and burned at the stake the last member who claimed to be psychic. yep had us a nice bonfire last october. aren't any mindreaders left here.

rick

Rick, you may have missed the first sentence "Anyone know who makes the throttle for the Cyclone/eLation kits?"

now that is embarassing. Just call me Homer Simpson. DOH!!!

i discovered that thanks to some helpful individual i have been drinking decaf. i blame it all on cafeine withdrawl. detox is a bitch. she also handed me an ultimatum - choose either her or the cat. since she couldn't cook either, locks have been changed, cat is peacefully resting in his usual place. i did let her keep her decaf.

the throttle is custom made for them. but never fear it is replaceable with standard throttles.

first here is the pinout for the Headline/Cyclone/Elation Throttle:

bikeE-cyclone-throttle.JPG

the eqivalent schematic using standard throttle with the addition of a switch:

cyclone throttle.jpg

you could also just jeave out the switch.

the connector is just a standard JST Manufacturing "SM - Series" 7 pin connector. you can cut and splice into the wires. or, i have these connectors. 2 sets of male/female pairs and the pins for $5.00 plus postage. you could use the connectors to adapt a thumb or full grip throttle to the Headline Motor based kits.

rick

Rick, do you have a U.S based source for the JST type connectors and in other pin quantities such as 2, 4, 5 and 6? Or is there an overseas source that will sell small quantities retail?

BVH

I am out of stock on the 2 pin ones at the moment. but i do have 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 pin ones in both male and female. i was unable to find them in small quantities anywhere. bought them in 1000 piece bags from a source in china that has since relocated and the website doesn't work anymore. the terminals are actually on 7000 piece ammo reels. i used a lot of the 3, 4 and 5 pin ones on a project. i got the 2, 6 and 7 pin ones only because i needed to make up the minimum order.

but if you need a few i can sell them to you. i'm in Canada but in small quantities the post office can be very reasonable delivering to the US. letter rate including a padded evelope would be about $2.50

rick

Back