Really strange cycle analyst throttle problem!

giacomo

10 µW
hello everyone

just finish to bild my ebike! and ready to drive.. but something is wrong..
I drive a bbshd with a infineon kh612 controller (that has his how plug to the CA) 14s lipo battery and a Cycle Analyst V3.03
Everything is just new!
what happen is a strange problem with the throttle, that happen only when the input throttle is connected to the CA and not when the throttle is directly connected to the controller.

The motor responds to the throttle really good when the wheel is not touching the ground, but as soon as I get on the bike and I try to ride, the bike responds really strange to the throttle, like intermittent power, come and go, like the throttle is following a sinusoidal curve.

Also I made another test, just tried to hold a bit the brake and give throttle in the same moment I noticed that the motor instead of go fluent it completely stop and restart, also if I tried to increase the throttle and the brake it do not stop completely the rotation but I can se that the speed of the chain ting is increasing and decreasing constantly..

Can be something wrong in the firmware of the CAV3? Should I try to reset/update it?

Just for let you know, the only settings that I changed on the CAV3 is the throttle input/output, battery tipe, speed and power limit. Also tried to put all back to the original settings but the problem is still there!

One thing I noticed, If I set the power control from Amp to Speed seems to work a little bit better but the problem is still there..

Please help!! :D

Hi,
Did you see this page about the Cycle Analyst? It is a great device because it is so configurable. But it can be hard to figure it all out.

https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Cycle_Analyst_v3_Setup

If it works well with the wheel off the ground, but not while in use, it suggests that maybe the Cycle Analyst is limiting power. Did you set an Amp or Watt limit?

Does the bike ride ok without the CA in use?

Colin

I'd go to the http://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cycle-analyst-3.html page and look for the Unofficial Users Guide (UUG) by Teklektik (it's also on the forum if you do a search of his posts).

This guide is designed to walk you thru the complete setup of your CA, and you should go thru all the steps (not skip around), becuase there are interdependencies between some of the settings, especially in power/etc limiting. If you don't set all of them up, it can do unexpected things.

It sounds like a simple configuration issue that is related to the controller being confused by CA? Mine did something similar a few years ago.

I'd definitely go to their site for the best overview of info and utilize customer support if necessary for the new product. As a backup, there's probably hundreds of pages of discussion on the forum too, but this sounds like a simple setup issue.

Hi and thanks everyone for the replay!

I have understand that there is nothing wrong in the hardware controller\CA and yes, it is for sure a miss configuration, for shore a conflict on the throttle input\output between the CA and the controller.

what I am not able to understand is how to solve it, because in the programming software of the controller there is not much to change!
you can see in the link below some screenshot of the programming page.
https://goo.gl/photos/NoD5q7sPpSP54K8WA

I tried all, also disabling the soft-start from the controller for avoid the conflict with the CA, tried also to put limit on CA al 99A and 9999W and no speed limit.

I noticed also another thing, looks like when the throttle in directly connected to the controller, if I just twist a bit for get a bit rotation and i push the back brake just to put some load on the motor the wattage on the CA goes up and the rotation keep at the same speed, so it is the controller that in accord to the throttle keep the rotation at constant speed! and the controller for do that do not care about the AMP! that is why the original problem is looking less aggressive when i set the throttle control on the CA on SPEED instead of AMP! ....but also like this, the problem is still there, the motor increase and decrease his speed intermittently...

so what cause the issue in the end, I think, is the controller that want to keep the rotation constant by not caring of the amp and the CA that want to keep the AMP according to the throttle ...
that is why with no load all is fine, because the AMP are really low..

this controller anyway has the CA V3 plug, so it meant to work with it! I just not understand what to change in the setting controller\CA because I already tried a lot of different configuration.. help!!

PROBLEM SOLVED.. JUST SET THE CA ON -- Cntrl Mode: input throttle --> Pass-Thru: User throttle is linearly remapped from the input throttle range to the output throttle range, and then passed on to the output.

really easy in the end but took me two days :D

thanks everyone anyway :D hope this post will help someone in the future!

I faced the same problem, just finished my ebike. At 52 kmh the motor begins to oscillate.. When I disconnect the speed sensor, the motor runs smoothly...
Speed limits are set to 70 and absolute limit to 99. Preset is selected correctly.

Any idea?

The Diagnostic Screen to the left of the Main Screen has indicators to help you diagnose these sorts of difficulties by showing you in real time what the CA is doing. Watch this screen while the problem is occurring and the flags will tell you what has gotten the CA upset and is causing it to mess with the power.

Please read the installation section "4.7 Test Throttle and Limit Settings (Interpreting Limit Flags)" of the [strike]Un[/strike]offical Guide to determine what kind of limiting is causing the oscillation and which setting to adjust.

Back