Here Comes the Sondors Fold

Get real world experience and user feedback on the electric bicycle products.
Theodore Voltaire
10 MW
10 MW

Re: Here Comes the Sondors Fold

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 03, 2017 11:18 am

If you like to ride fast, one thing you'll want to do with this bike is change the freewheel to a DNP Epoch 11-32T for taller gearing.

liveforphysics
100 GW
100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Sep 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:If you like to ride fast, one thing you'll want to do with this bike is change the freewheel to a DNP Epoch 11-32T for taller gearing.

How fast on flat ground with your setup no pedaling?
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

Ozzzz
100 W
100 W

Post by Ozzzz » Sep 03, 2017 11:17 pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Yes, the controller is to the rear of the hinge, and the battery is to the front of it. It looks like it will be really easy to hack the battery compartment, and install a different battery. The stock Panasonic 48v 14 ah battery pack is good quality, and I'm getting 40 miles practical range.

One thing this bike has got that no other bike has, is a 6500 member owners group that will have this battery hacked to pieces toot sweet, and aftermarket replacement battery's will be available from multiple sources guaranteed.
Thanks, yes, I did see more when I looked at the video again. Your thoughts make sense. I bought my current car/van based on such a large public following and support. It was a big factor in the purchase.

Theodore Voltaire
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 04, 2017 12:12 am

liveforphysics wrote:
Theodore Voltaire wrote:If you like to ride fast, one thing you'll want to do with this bike is change the freewheel to a DNP Epoch 11-32T for taller gearing.

How fast on flat ground with your setup no pedaling?
23.4 mph with hot battery

liveforphysics
100 GW
100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Sep 04, 2017 12:17 am

Not so bad.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

Theodore Voltaire
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 04, 2017 12:48 am

liveforphysics wrote:Not so bad.
There's probably 500, mad eRocket scientists in the owners group working feverishly the unleash the beast as we speak lol.

liveforphysics
100 GW
100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Sep 04, 2017 2:07 am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
liveforphysics wrote:Not so bad.
There's probably 500, mad eRocket scientists in the owners group working feverishly the unleash the beast as we speak lol.

I wish them all well!

Theodore Voltaire
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Moving along, I finished installing fenders, and made a headlight mount.

Rob88
1 µW
1 µW

Post by Rob88 » Sep 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Sondors says the frame is forged. Is that the same as hydro-formed? In the interviews online he says the frame was a lot of work.

Rob88
1 µW
1 µW

Post by Rob88 » Sep 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Theodore, what is the space between the dropouts on your 7-speed? I have the Fold X fixie and it measures about 155 mm.

Theodore Voltaire
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 15, 2017 9:02 am

Rob88 wrote:Theodore, what is the space between the dropouts on your 7-speed? I have the Fold X fixie and it measures about 155 mm.
175mm for the multi speeds

Theodore Voltaire
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 15, 2017 9:04 am

Rob88 wrote:Sondors says the frame is forged. Is that the same as hydro-formed? In the interviews online he says the frame was a lot of work.
In this case it's the same thing.

Theodore Voltaire
10 MW
10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am

Buffy wanted a Rack

I added lights

https://youtu.be/ISVHQrp60Eg

LockH
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Oct 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
rumme wrote:Gotta admit, it looks cool/ sleek, just like the original sondors fatbike in yellow. Problem is taller riders wont be comfortable on it. With those small wheel, Id imagine a 48 volt - 40 amp power system, would really have a lot of torque for hills.

Frame looks very solid.
I'm hoping what we're looking at here is the future. I'd like all the future Sondors to utilize this type of frame technology. The next bike should have a 2" longer wheelbase, and 24" fatty wheels.

Power isn't really an issue with me, because legally it's never going to have the power I want, so I'm ok with keeping the power low to hold costs down. That allows me to soup it up as much as I please, and can afford.
Speaking of the "future"... I'll suggest that Sondors consider a three-wheeler (... and recumbent) guessing that folks don't live "forever". :wink:
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=60564

rumme
1 kW
1 kW

Post by rumme » Oct 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Whether you love or hate Sondors ebikes, he has been successful . IMHO, he should consider his next ebike venture to be a step up in quality and price.

1000 watt hub motor - 48 volt/ 20 AH battery - 30 amp controller with front / rear suspension - tubeless tires - disc brakes
and offer it in small/medium/large frame sizes and make it look clean and refined with 7 gears . Sell it for $1400 shipped { with optional upgrades like lights, rack, etc} and I think he will have another BIG seller.

I believe 1000 watt hub motor is the best all around power option that is still inexpensive and will suit most riders needs , especially if the rider is willing to do occasional pedal assist when going up inclined roads or dirt trails.

rumme
1 kW
1 kW

Post by rumme » Nov 08, 2017 4:35 pm

rumme wrote:Whether you love or hate Sondors ebikes, he has been successful . IMHO, he should consider his next ebike venture to be a step up in quality and price.

1000 watt hub motor - 48 volt/ 20 AH battery - 30 amp controller with front / rear suspension - tubeless tires - disc brakes
and offer it in small/medium/large frame sizes and make it look clean and refined with 7 gears . Sell it for $1400 shipped { with optional upgrades like lights, rack, etc} and I think he will have another BIG seller.

I believe 1000 watt hub motor is the best all around power option that is still inexpensive and will suit most riders needs , especially if the rider is willing to do occasional pedal assist when going up inclined roads or dirt trails.

On another note, I wonder if Sondors would consider a mass produced MID DRIVE ebike...with mid grade components, full suspension , and a 750 watt mid drive motor , 48 volt / 20 AH battery , shipped for around $1500 - $1900 and available in 3 frame sizes. This may be another piece of the ebike market waiting to be capatlized on by Sondors