Qulbix 76R build

sailah said:
Battery specs: 20S 12P Samsung 25R. 84V, 30Ah, 2.52 kWh pack

why did you choose the 25R?
to me its not worth against 30Q.

or was it a mistake? because you calculated your pack with 2.52Kwh (would be right if you had 30Q :p)
3,6*2,5=9wh * 240 = 2,16Kwh

HI Merlin,

I chose 25R based on a number of other bikes very similar to mine using same cell. Plus the pricing was best when I bought 250 from nkon.

Finished up wiring. I decided to just use BMS for charging. Made up a nice charge lead with XT60, shrinkwrapped and sleeved.

I also foamed up the battery being careful to cut away for any bumps. I also foamed the bottom of BMS so there are no chances of shorts. Hot glued it in place.

20180408_112912.jpg

I misjudged how much the shrinkwrap moves in 2 directions :lol: I cut the piece I bought in half and it didn't really cover the ends. I still have another piece I can probably massage to cover ends or perhaps it's not necessary?

Here it is laid in the frame. You can see the BMS is going to require the side panel to be bulged out a bit. Time for mallet and sandbag.

I ran the leads so they will go into cavity near cranks.

20180408_115604.jpg

I also bought some lexan 90 degree angles that I plan to attach to pack bottom and where it will bear against the frame. Then shrink wrap over this? Looking for chafe protection thoughts? The pack doesn't really fit "down" in the frame but I'm not sure I want it to anyways. I have plenty of space to fit it in opening, I just want to make sure it doesn't move around. I have lots of plastic and high density foams around I may play around with making a soft mount.

Here's looking down in frame. My finger is pointing to where battery and charge leads will route

20180409_075222.jpg

Main channel looking forward

20180409_075233.jpg

Wiring still to be loomed. Have charger port, key and throttle controls. I got some adhesive zip tie mounts that I will stick under top to secure. I have those on my boat and they work awesome.

20180409_075240.jpg

"Here it is laid in the frame. You can see the BMS is going to require the side panel to be bulged out a bit. Time for mallet and sandbag."

lol.

My BMS also extended slightly past where the side pieces could close. While searching for a solution I found a roll of rubber floor mat at home depot in the clearance department. I took it home, cut it to fit under the side panel, and then epoxied it (I did this on both sides but may only have really needed it on the side with the BMS).

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOjlILF0l22QdYlpJm1S-JuNmn-TPWapKKnYIE0duVMhNpRWJr2lVkQGZHSWLhuOA/photo/AF1QipNuEoB5alrTllj4Twed6xjBebtqOi_xvppGCF6p?key=VUdIVThFa0dzbUp1WFlrN19BazJpSTA4Zk5LNFFB

How are you liking this bike? Thinking about building something similar but with a bit more power.

Is the chain play on the Qulbix annoying? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_64s2XZEXg

Did you go for the overdrive kit?

Back