$14.99 72v Sunwin Controller

Thank you but I asked drunkencat129 the question about its malfunction

Can't find my photos at the moment... but yes. There should be a marked header almost dead center on the PCB for a fault LED. The 18 FET should have have a tiny one already though.

You're sure you have BATT+ hooked up to VCC? (ignition)

drunkencat129 said:
need some help i got a problem with a controller everythings working but throttle tested throttle and its good but when i plug it in to controller i cant get it to work if i short power to digital in pin it works but wont work threw the throttle also the 5v and the negitive are good what can be causeing this problem its a sunwin 36fet 120v controller

This is the hall sensor of the throttle grip is HS.

Hello anyone have a qs 138 70h motor for sale? I'm located in USA, please pm me if you have one

Does anyone have an error code list for this controller?

I have just re-assembled my bike and it's not working. The motor spun for a second and then nothing.

Looking inside the controller, the LED is blinking 6 times in a repetitive loop.

I've only changed the battery from 13s to 14s. I had to cut and resolder the throttle wires. I've checked the continuity of the throttle wires all good.

Here are the default codes of the standard Chinese controllers
LED on Normal function
_2 flashes brake lever cut-off operation: Check the lever return spring, see section Brake cut-off.
_3 flashes brake lever cut-off operation: Check the lever return spring, See Brake cut-off.
_4 flashes the accelerator does not come back completely: Check the free movement of the accelerator or the spring failure
_5 flashes throttle faulty: Check connections and throttle cable or replace.
_6 flashes low voltage: Charge the battery
_7 flashes the excessive voltage: Measure the voltage with a voltmeter tester.
_8 flashes the motor Hall sensor is defective: Replace the motor core.
_9 flashes Wrong motor connected * Replace
_10 flashes overheated: the activated thermostat returns to normal after cooling
_11 flashes Defective thermostat: Replace the controller
_12 flashes current control fault Faulty controller: replace the unit

I've had problem after re-assembling my ebike. No action from the throttle, looked inside the controller the LED was flashing 6 times. Its a SUNWIN 1500W Controller.

I've found info that tells me 6 flashes is a problem with one of the phases. I tested the phases, one of them had a short to ground. So there were 3 FETs on the negative phase (18FET controller). I've just replaced those FETs, however, the problem is still there. There is still a short to ground on that phase.

Is the controller toast?

Thanks in advance

Is the short still there with the motor disconnected?

If so, there could be a solder bridge from the phase trace(s) to ground, or the phase wire itself inside or outside the case could have damaged insulation shorting to ground.

If not, the motor (or more likely it's external cable, at the axle exit) is likely damaged.

If the short is still there with motor disconnected and the FETs removed, it could be a solder ball underneath a component somewhere.

Back