18 Mosfet Infineon Controller

4110 fets and 100V caps are absolutely fine for 24S - folks have been doing it for years. Your reliability drops a bit but my experience has been that if it does not blow up on the first couple of runs you are set.

The whole regulator thing... usually what it boils down to is keeping the voltage drop across the LM317 down below 30V. Simple as that - so lately folks have been using a high performance drop in replacement for that regulator that can drop an additional 30V. Justins controllers use an equivalent than can go up to 150V (with heat sinking)

I suggest going with 4110 fets (not 4115) and 100V caps
Use bigger/better electrolytic caps (if they have 470uF laid down replace those with 1000uF etc)
Hunt down this new LM317 replacement (I have it in my links somewhere but you should be able to find it)
Remember that if you want to drop more power across the regulator you need a way to manage the heat - so you might need a small heatsink in the controller

As far as this board or that board.... Just get what you can and make it work. :wink: Sure some are better than others but a controller in the hand is worth 5 in the bush.

-methods

After posting and before reading your reply the 4110 option seemed the safe choice[ unless i get addicted to 24s :D , so ill order it, and while im waiting will give me plenty of time to digest/ search the rest of the err stuff you said. Thanks

Sure some are better than others but a controller in the hand is worth 5 in the bush.
Exactly one on the way is better than 2 you cant decide on.

As methods said if the controller will survive 100 volt (24s) then it is fine..I have done more than 5500 miles on my Lyen 18FET 4410 controller at 100 volts. I do sometimes run it at 20 s, but often stick in the extra 4s to run a bit quicker at 100v

Lol - I just realized that this is one of the original infineon threads. I think it was the first time I had seen an 18 fet.
We sure have come a long way since then....

-methods

Back