2 controller with 1 twist throttle

bentech

10 mW
Is it possible to use one twist throttle to drive two 24v brushed controller ??

I did some research on the net and i think i only have to split the 3 wires on the throttle and plug it to the 2 controller.
that make sense to me but i prefert ask here rather to burn my controler or throttle switch.

Yes it can be done. Both controllers should be the same model. Make sure the battery negative wires of both controllers are securely connected to each other close to the controller. Make any plugs downstream of this connection.

The throttle has 3 wires. 5v, ground, and signal. I would suggest connecting all 3 from one controller and only the ground and signal from the other controller. The one with all 3 connected would need to be on for the other one to work. You want to avoid feeding the 5v from one controller into the other controller as this could cause the voltage regulator to overheat if the one of them is doing all the work.

fechter said:
Yes it can be done. Both controllers should be the same model. Make sure the battery negative wires of both controllers are securely connected to each other close to the controller. Make any plugs downstream of this connection.

The throttle has 3 wires. 5v, ground, and signal. I would suggest connecting all 3 from one controller and only the ground and signal from the other controller. The one with all 3 connected would need to be on for the other one to work. You want to avoid feeding the 5v from one controller into the other controller as this could cause the voltage regulator to overheat if the one of them is doing all the work.

I'm not shure to understand what you said in the first part of your awnser. What is the importance of pluging the 2 negative wire of the controller togheter.

I was thinking using the bike frame for ground. So i plug all ground wires (battery, controller, motors etc...) directrly on the frame with metal screw to prevent using too much electric wire.

That could cause a problem. You need to connect the two controller negatives together with a very low resistance wire. If they are far apart, use 10ga wire or something big. If you have a little resistance between them, the voltage differential could be enough to mess things up. The shorter the connecting wire, the lower the resistance. If the frame was copper, then no problem. Aluminum, maybe OK but things will fry if one of the negative connections gets loose. Steel has too much resistance, wire would be better.

fechter said:
That could cause a problem. You need to connect the two controller negatives together with a very low resistance wire. If they are far apart, use 10ga wire or something big. If you have a little resistance between them, the voltage differential could be enough to mess things up. The shorter the connecting wire, the lower the resistance. If the frame was copper, then no problem. Aluminum, maybe OK but things will fry if one of the negative connections gets loose. Steel has too much resistance, wire would be better.

You mean the negative wire of the controller for the battery right !!
Not the negative wire for the throttle input.

bentech said:
You mean the negative wire of the controller for the battery right !!
Not the negative wire for the throttle input.

Yes, the big fat battery wire.

Inside the controller, the battery negative and throttle ground are connected.

Back