250w geared hub for 150mm drop out

D walsh

1 µW
Hi, I am building my first ebike and I'm struggling to find an appropriate motor.

The specifications I am trying to find are:
-150mm drop out (I already have the frame so it must fit this)
-250w rated (to comply with UK law)
-geared hub (live in hilly area so DD is no good)
-48v
-preferably be able to have a cassette on it but not essential if there is not much choice.

It seems everything I find is for 137-142mm drop out or 170-190mm drop out for fat bikes. The 150mm ones I find are rated 500w and above. I could consider a mid drive conversion, but the bottom bracket is 90mm and all the 250w motors I can find are smaller than this so again not been able to find anything appropriate.

Any help is appreciated!

148mm dropout, plus the couple of washers that need to be inside the dropout gets you to 150mm.
That looks ideal thanks, any idea where to find a seller for this? That's what I'm struggling with most, a lot of what I can see on bafang's website looks good but then I can't actually find a seller. A lot of them look like front wheel without the cassette on it or things like that

Get yourself 500 watts motor and stop worry. No one is going to notice it,... including yourself. 500 watts is still far less than my coffee grinder, lol, lol

Back