25A Controller 35Ah Battery

Hi,

I would like to know if I can power a motor with a 25A controller (750W Bafang) with a 35Ah battery without burning the controller.

Thanks.
Mark

marcoredit said:
Hi,

I would like to know if I can power a motor with a 25A controller (750W Bafang) with a 35Ah battery without burning the controller.

Thanks.
Mark

The short answer is that you will not harm your controller using that combination.

Thank you for the answers.

The battery is made with lion cells (2600 mah)

I would like to know with a Bafang mid 750W 48v motor and a controller 25A, what is the maximum Ah that the battery can have?

Now I have a 23.4 Ah battery and it last 2 hours without using the throttle.

thx.
Mark

marcoredit said:
Thank you for the answers.

The battery is made with lion cells (2600 mah)

I would like to know with a Bafang mid 750W 48v motor and a controller 25A, what is the maximum Ah that the battery can have?

Now I have a 23.4 Ah battery and it last 2 hours without using the throttle.

thx.
Mark
As big as you can carry. As long as you don't lug the motor and controller too long, AH will make no difference, with in reason.

Dan

Woah, back up a bit, you are doing the classic thing, confusing amp hours with amps. The controller, or the motor, does not care about the ah. that's just the size of the gas tank. The controller does control the amps, but it does not care how much amps the battery can supply. Too high a volts can damage a controller, for example a 48v controller can't be run on 72v.

However, you might have a big enough tank, to run long enough, to overheat a very small motor if you are riding up steep enough hills, or weigh a lot. This is what the others are talking about.

But under reasonable conditions, your motor and controller can run infinitely, not caring that the ride may be 3x longer than a typical ride. What's reasonable? That varies depending on the motor, your weight, the grades of the hills, and the weather. So we need a lot more info to say if you can ride your bike everywhere all the time, or just some of the roads in your area, when the weather is good.

I have a bbs02 and with a 32ah battery and if I ride it under normal conditions it would be only warm or hot to the touch. However, if I were to ride it in the highest gear up a steep grade or when it was 100 F outside it might could melt it. A lot of people don't use their gears properly with this setup especially at higher rpms and speeds. Bottom line is that's a big battery and could overtax the motor if you don't use it right. :?

Your controller has a watt rating based on continuous operation. Exceed that for extended periods of time and you have the potential to burn it up. More info on this is here.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74403

Back