looking for a Sensorless 750W Controller with 9 pin motor wire connection...

Klauts

10 W
hey y'all my haul sensors on my Bafang G62 fried and apparently they aren't replaceable on this motor Soooo I'm desperately trying to find a sensorless controller I can swap in to continue getting some use from the motor.

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for anywhere....

failing that do you know if it's possible to Modify a KT 25A sine-wave or square-wave controller to run Sensorless? I've got a spare of each I can tinker with...

failing that do you know if it's possible to Modify a KT 25A sine-wave or square-wave controller to run Sensorless? I've got a spare of each I can tinker with...
It would be a lot easier to chop off the connector cable from the existing controller and graft it on to a sensorless controller rather than modifying a controller to be sensorless.

51QePxC+USL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Attach one of these (or any of the myriad others on Amazon/eBay/AliExpress) to a generic Chinesium sensorless or dual-mode controller.

Also, take heed that if you cooked your Halls, the magnets and motor windings are next in line. If after repairs, your motor seems to want to spin faster but with less torque, that's a sign the magnets have lost field strength.

failing that do you know if it's possible to Modify a KT 25A sine-wave or square-wave controller to run Sensorless? I've got a spare of each I can tinker with..

To run sensorless, a sensored-only controller would require a hardware board that reads the phase signals and generates hall signals from them. Some old sensorless controllers were built by including this board inside instead of providing external hall wires; the boards to do it are still available here and there but I can't presently find a google search that will locate any. I've seen them on aliexpress, but it was a random find at the time looking for something completely unrelated (because that's what ali is best at, instead of showing you the things you're actually looking for).

Some of the KTs are already sensorless capable; you can check the bigger KT threads for which part number info to look for, or check with KT themselves, to see if yours are (or just try them out; don't recall if there is a display setting change required).

The KT opensource firmware OSFW may also allow sensorless operation with the same hardware that doesn't do it with OEM FW, but I don't recall for sure.

hey y'all my haul sensors on my Bafang G62 fried and apparently they aren't replaceable on this motor
Why aren't they replaceable? Quite a few motors have them glued in securely, requiring significant work to dig out the dead remains before you can install new ones...but it's still possible.

Back