2k CN electric Truck featured on Donut.. they want to make it FAST.. what would be your way to make that happen?

marvin78

100 W

I'm curious as heck. Their comments are filled like always with gearheads who want to throw in disgusting things like 'Turbo Predator' engines and 'Hayabusa' ... ( which would be fun.. but besides the point ).

But they said they wanted to keep it electric. So what options do they have? 4 5kw hub motors? Would that be 'mean enough'? Or can you come up with something better.

*note up front, it's likely I would steal any and all ideas and throw them in Donut's comment section hoping they would pick up on it ;)

1691102313685.png

Looks like a 4kw shaft driven rear; possibly this is a standard part that could be upgraded.

10kw would probably be pretty nice and take it up to 40mph+. But i doubt the chassis could handle those kinds of speeds very well.

I think they would be willing to stiffen up the chassis if needed ( and it's probably needed ). Seriously, this is not my cup of tea at all. But I'm curious!

Can you slap some spare Tesla motors in it for instance? Are there better 'of the shelf' components available?

Wait, aren't tesla motors hub motors? Seen crates on some YouTubers video once where they had a pallet with spare motors, which were just the rims with the motor integrated I thought. But I'm not sure, been awhile and my memory isn't the best.

AFAIK all the tesla motors are in the drivetrain. Hubmotors are unsprung mass and would likely affect sporty handling negatively. ;)

Tesla3
1691981739326.png

tesla S
1691981887664.png

That looks frigging gigantic. Didn't know that. Now that you show me that, don't they ( Tesla ) have liquid cooled engines? Where would the cooling system be? Or was that only liquid cooled / heated batteries?

Any decent motor would cost more than the truck :)
Looks like it's a car designed to look cool on youtube, and has no other function. Electric cargo bike would probably work better and more reliably for most of the uses

It's Donut, this is not for practicality. More like, hey we got this old go kart, let's throw a hayabusa engine in it.. but then for a cheap Chinese EV.

Thought the idea would get some more enthusiastic response here on this forum, but I guess I thought wrong :)

dont know why the title says 2k - the list price now is $9990
maybe there are better holes to throw money into

dont know why the title says 2k - the list price now is $9990
:eek:

maybe there are better holes to throw money into

Sometimes a money pit is also entertainment... for others. Like an exercise in how unpractical this would be but how much it would be at the same time.

Back