420A 24S ESC by aliens

Sorry I've been keeping you waiting guys. I worked straight through Christmas and New Years without even taking a weekend off.

Fortunately, I'm going to try to start testing this weekend. :)

Luke the work you and Ryan and others have done fore Zero is purely amazing. Im mad my boss isn't selling them and I want to sell them my self but I need to get some cash together. No worries about how long its taking your work for zero is more important.

Bruno, can you help with getting the esc to respond to the computer...? I have the program ESCSettings and i cannot get the esc to respond to it. i have it on the right com port that the usb adapter is installed to, but no response.. Please help. I have 4 of the 8S 250A sensored versions, bought directly from Flier.

HumboldtRc said:
Bruno, can you help with getting the esc to respond to the computer...? I have the program ESCSettings and i cannot get the esc to respond to it. i have it on the right com port that the usb adapter is installed to, but no response.. Please help. I have 4 of the 8S 250A sensored versions, bought directly from Flier.

HI. BUCKIS post a video. Please watch it. My controller now are quite different (new PCB and firmware ) also the software so I don't know if they work like yours. Anyway how many wires have you for the sensors control. 5 or 6. Also can you tell me the serial number of your PCB? They are HV or standard. Normally you need to select the serial port before to connect the controller. If you connect the controller and select the port after the software doesn't recognize the ESC.

Thanks

HumboldtRc said:
6 wire standard rc sensor connector. The 4 esc's I have are LV, 8s capable. Do you have to have power to the esc to program it?

Are the Alien esc's made by Flier?

The firmware is different for sure, the PCB serial number also. I order from a PCB factory and what I know is that they supply lots of ESC company. On mine you don't need to power for program it. I suggest you to contact your supplier. They have to help you. Thanks

Hi Luke any news? At this point I was thinking to test directly a 36+36 new version sensored. What do you think?

brunotollot said:
Hi Luke any news? At this point I was thinking to test directly a 36+36 new version sensored. What do you think?

yes this will be a much more informative , even if it was a smaller one i.e 200A :mrgreen: if a sensored esc that claims this sort of spec @48v works and works well then I think everyone will be happy.

The 2013 Zero bikes are probably shipping like mad now. I'm guessing the dyno and Luke are pre occupied for a bit

2013 will make or break Zero
They have to pay back their loans
but I'm rooting for them
Hopefully they get a nice fat government contract with a police department :wink:
Their bikes kick so much more ass than the portly clunky brammo
Make sure you tell all your friends who ride gas motorbikes about them

Hi, any test done? I would like to read some info.
The new PCB sample is ready to be tested. The new firmware not yet but on the old series work in sensored, sensorless and hybrid mode, programmable by software ( signal throttle and rpm ). Just few thing to fix. Not easy. I need to understand and ask some suggestion.

Alien PCB.JPG

25202.jpg

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25202__Turnigy_dlux_250A_HV_14s_60v_ESC.html

Uh oh. Did hobbyking rip you off already?

Luke we are still waiting for our flaiming dyno video.... :)

That company must be working him pretty hard if they won't even give him time off to blow up stuff :lol:

Maybe Friday is one of his pedal only days, and we know how painfully slow pedal bikes are, well at least those of us who fly by them instead of having an ebike so slow that racing against a pedal bike is somehow fun. :lol:

Luke sent me the video to up load.
Heres what you have all been waiting for.
[youtube]xQX8yWwLX2Q[/youtube]

By the time this ESC is tested, hobbyking has probably copied all of bruno's products :?

So Luke, instead of calling Bruno full of shit, why don't you post some data?

Back