48V (10AH x 4) 12 x 4110 MOSFET Lyen Controller Question

No markings on the cells... when they are fully charged they are 53.9 V. I'll have to run the pack through a discharger to get you an AH total. All 4 packs were exactly 53.9 V when fully charged. My controller has low voltage cutoff. I'm not sure what that is. I'll give you some more numbers soon. Def a cheap battery @ 48V 10AH for the price.

Bryan

Here is the Diagram with a true 2P8S Configured to a BMS.

8S2P-BMS_zps2442d856.jpg

Just connect them in 48V 40AH and no need for fiddling and see what happens :)

I'm still really stuck. I have 4 48v lifepo4 chargers (not sure what voltage they charge at), 4 48v 10 ah lifepo4 batteries 16s. 2x 60v sla chargers, 60v SLA battery (now into 5 12v cells). I've bbeen unable to use my scooter for 3 days now mostly due to lack of time to figure out what I need to buy or not buy to make this work.

Anyone have any ideas with what I have? Im having a complete brain fart. I don't have a cable to reprogram MY controller so it will only work between 60-72 V . I couldn't find a 24v SLA charger today after work.

Need help.

B

I'm just confused about how the damn BMS works and how the charger I have works. I don't get it.

Sorry.

The BMS is built into the battery? You only need a 48V Life charger then.
What are the stated specs on those four chargers?
You plug a battery in each charger you have and after they are full you connect them in parallel.

Sell these batteries and start over. If you want a 60v lifepo4 battery buy a 60 v20-30ah battery for a scotter. The batteries are too weak for your needs. The bridge you are going on dosn't reach that far.

Yes sell them to me cheap :p

What I think they are made for a 48v 500watt 18 amp controller. Not for a heavy 40 plus amp. Scotter. They heavy and amp hogs going up a hill.

What I ended up doing was just removing 4 cells from 2 48V 10 AH packs and running them in parallel , so I have 1 36V 20AH (12s) battery and 1 48V 20AH (2x48V 10AH 16s). Running at 84V 20AH total. I get 25 KM per charge with me and my girlfriend on just the lifepo4 and running as fast as i can. The battery is very light. I even have room to keep the SLA and add the lifepo4. I am charging the packs separately (one at 48V and the other at 36V ). No problems, I even made a connector for easily charging (one plug instead of two). My controller is drawing 45 amps which isn't a problem for the packs or my commute. I talked with the MGF. The cells will discharge at 150Amps + without a BMS if I wanted them to. The 400lb bike is fast. I have a new controller, I'm going to beef up my phase wires to 10AWG and try out some more power.

B

Back