50cc auto scooter conversion to electric (with video)

on teh pictures ( step 7 ) on the top left picture you can see the new shaft ( crankshaft ) installed in the bearings, this has a hole in the centre of it , the motor I use has a 12mm dia shaft and the crank has a 12mm hole so the motor shaft pushed into the hole and was secured with grub screws.

Hi

If you take it to friendly mot station, they can change it to electric in there system. I think all they have to do is change the cc field to 0cc then it will allow them to change it to electric.

Good luck

I have a piagio bv250 with a blown engine and I just remembered this thread from way back. Starting to think about the easiest way to convert it. I guess I need to just start taking it apart and wait for inspiration.

maydaverave said:
I have a piagio bv250 with a blown engine and I just remembered this thread from way back. Starting to think about the easiest way to convert it. I guess I need to just start taking it apart and wait for inspiration.

Just dive In :D

But don't forget to document it.. :)

I'm torn between converting my old Honda 1982 Honda nighthawk that I bought in 1998 and drove over a hundred thousand miles on or the piagio which didn't last twenty thousand miles but is a good roller while the night hawk is just a frame and swingarm. But I love that ole bike.

all of the pictures at the begining of this thread got corrupt when the forum crashed a couple of years ago, I re-uploaded most of the pictures again on page 8..

Back