A2B Metro Rearming 3kW Motor + 20700B x 104

Controller died about week ago as a result of Water ingress. I can clearly see charcoal stains under the last mosfet and smell burnt silicone

I had to install KBL48501E and it accelerates and rides well. :D

Sorry to hear that was is a sabvoton controller that died ? Does it look salvageable.

rsz_120180126_230933.jpgWas KLS6035s. Got it cleaned from some green stuff.
Want to try to revive it. I hope it is just single mosfet blown as there was only sing of burnt silicone on pcb.

Check the pcb has not burnt around the fet legs etc that will give a short in that area it still can be saved from that just cut the bad out and hard wire the traces through but hopefully it's not that bad.
Take the fet out and measure between all its pads should be open circuit if not search for burnt circuit board it conducts and bad news normally happens with some smoke let out.

It looks like it got water in it. If the board is cleaned well and the bad parts replaced, it has a chance. Not much to loose by trying.

Thanks for your support and care my dear formu mates.
No idea when i get time to crack on with troubleshooting so it will be on the shelf for a while.
Now historic KBL48501E is in charge.

The Kelly should work well. Having variable regen is a nice feature. Just have to figure out where to place the control.

It is getting difficult to handle the bike as fork suddenly got stiff and it feels like no damping happens at all.
Will be looking to repair or replace the forks with DNM usd-8. This implies cutting the head tube down and also some clever clean metal work...

The fork is not too hard to take apart. The caps with the preload adjusters are the hardest part due to limited clearance. After spending a bunch of time to make a thin wall socket, I found they weren't too tight and was able to remove them with a large needlenose pliers.

Fork Sliders Off.jpg

Fork Spring.jpg

What's happened with this project now the summer has come around is the old girl out in the sun ?

fechter said:
The fork is not too hard to take apart. The caps with the preload adjusters are the hardest part due to limited clearance. After spending a bunch of time to make a thin wall socket, I found they weren't too tight and was able to remove them with a large needlenose pliers.

Fork Sliders Off.jpg

Fork Spring.jpg
Thanks for that, handling has massively after pumpimg the front wheel up to 3.5 Bar so i left the fork to live as it is by now.

Ianhill said:
What's happened with this project now the summer has come around is the old girl out in the sun ?

All good my friend, daily commute+shopping with partner on rear and 15 kg bags on eqch side on rear....
Checking cell voltages once 2 month and they are within 0.10-0.15 volts, just amazed by perfomance of these 20700s.

Been riding with one bkoken spokefor months and gust now went to loosen other spokes to compensate the bend and anapped 5 of them so looking for thread roller to shorten and adapt 8G spokes i have bought lo g time ago.

Thanks flr asking, will check how your baby is doing.

I've got to many projects on the go so the a2b metro has to go I'm looking for £600 or there abouts but open to offers.
Glad to hear you have had a good time with it I done a few hundred miles on mine last summer.

Ianhill said:
I've got to many projects on the go so the a2b metro has to go I'm looking for £600 or there abouts but open to offers.
Glad to hear you have had a good time with it I done a few hundred miles on mine last summer.
Sad to hear you are letting yours go, but I would also not be able to keep mine and invest in it if it would not save me on £190 monthly travelcard for 1,5 half yrs by now...

TBH material base will only become better and cheaper and our ehobbybskills will always come to hand to create better ones in nearest future.

Had these 9G 165mm laying around.

16 inch chinese moto rim x qs 205 50H x Triple cross pattern worked, look just ok.

Have ordered 94mm long ones for 1 cross lacing before attempting triple one.

Will try the wheel tomorrow and keep an eye

Those spoke angles are steep I can see you had to fight those nipples, 65 degree spoke angle is ideal so a 2 cross is most I'd go on that size wheel but it's built so give it a whirl see how it rolls.

I got myself a kuberg freerider pro second hand thats had new bearings and a rebuild and I'm building a razor e300 with a dualtron hub on the rear and a flipsky vesc 6 6, I've got 3 electric builds now but the kuberg is something else though with 200mm travel front and rear 12kw at 13s10p for 1kwh it just blasts up anything only geared to 35mph so the torque is crazy and its light at 35kg.

Ianhill said:
Those spoke angles are steep I can see you had to fight those nipples, 65 degree spoke angle is ideal so a 2 cross is most I'd go on that size wheel but it's built so give it a whirl see how it rolls.

I got myself a kuberg freerider pro second hand thats had new bearings and a rebuild and I'm building a razor e300 with a dualtron hub on the rear and a flipsky vesc 6 6, I've got 3 electric builds now but the kuberg is something else though with 200mm travel front and rear 12kw at 13s10p for 1kwh it just blasts up anything only geared to 35mph so the torque is crazy and its light at 35kg.

I know 3 cross is not the best in my case but i could not wait for 2 cross length spokes (145mm) to be delivered.

That Kuberg thing looks nice, good luck with it.

Amiran said:
Ianhill said:

I know 3 cross is not the best in my case but i could not wait for 2 cross length spokes (145mm) to be delivered.

That Kuberg thing looks nice, good luck with it.

Cheers for the luck I need it, I got the bike and done a nut and bolt rebuild thing was filthy but still all there in working order just things like bearings and service the forks but its come up decent few scratches but it's in the name of the game I had it major discount compared to new and its the pro model with a 12kw controller over 5g worth new.( its not stolen either it was a trail centres bike)

You got spokes on order? It fryed my head working out my spoke length and then the lacing was just a nightmare but got there in the end if you need help give me a blast.

This bike worked well for me, saved hundreds of hours in traffic and couple throusand on travelcards.
Will be selling it as no more needed as my travel has changed and priority goes to small Xiaomi copycat scooter 2wd conversion.

20190912_230831-360x597.jpgBeen riding all this time.
Changed air shocks couple of times.
Las week the frame cracks where noticed and Ihave decided to try brazing. I might have destroyed the alloy completely by overheating it.
Needs to be said once a week I was shopping with my partner on rear plus 20 kg of bags.

A2B metro is one of best transportation means ever made. Saved me from hundreds hours of travel time of my busy life in mega megapolis. With mods it is capable of safe ride among aggressive city drivers and desperate delivery scooter riders and capable of gentle, quite commute on bike lanes.

On this note will be looking to buy frame or metro for spares or repairs, anyone? :lol:

Attachments

• 20190912_230831-360x597.jpg
    20190912_230831-360x597.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,040
You snapped that frame up like a jujitsu expert .

I'm sure you could do a repair like the torque arm :lol:

Hey Ianhill, long time.
Thinking of it probably it is possible but dreaming of donor a2b metrooooo

First time I've seen one break there. I have seen a couple of broken swing arms.

Time for a new frame.

Mines up for sale cheap if u wanted it south wales.

Or u could pin yours like a snapped leg four plates ought to do it ;)

fechter said:
First time I've seen one break there. I have seen a couple of broken swing arms.

Time for a new frame.

Funny enough swing arm doing well apart from dropouts that suffered bit in the past.

Back