Adaptto Max - E - BUS RX disconnect please check connection

crea2k

10 kW
Has anyone seen this error on the Adaptto Max-e controller before ?. I sent it away to be fixed after it got water damaged, they fixed it, I paid the bill, it arrives back and has just been sat in the box since June as I have waiting on Hobbyking to get in my Multistar batteries. So I get my battery deliver and plug in the controller before I go to fit it on the bike and I get the error "BUS RX disconnect please check connection " , I have checked each wire with a multimeter from the display board all the way back to the brain board on the controller and each is fine, so they not check these things before sending them back ?!, I paid about £250 to get it fixed and this is the first time its been connected since its been back.

photo (4).jpg

I sent display + controller to be fixed, they replaced the housing on the display also.
I have now diagnosed the problem, and the controller is alive again !.
I tested resistor fuse R60 for the RX line with a multimeter and it showed as 'OL' which usually means its bad. So I soldered in a jumper from RX input to the other side of R60 and the controller now works. I just need to know the value of R60 now so that I can replace it with my hot air rework station (I own mobile phone repair business).
When I sent off the controller and display to be repaired they put a new plastic housing on the display, so it looks like they didn't disconnect the display from the controller when they did this and shorted out the RX line when soldering.

w2rqki.jpeg
1afh1qq.jpeg

So for anyone else with this problem test R60 and see if it gives a reading (multimeter in ohms / resistance mode), there is also a resistor inside the display too, just follow the trace from the rx input line to find it, this tested ok though. I just need to find the value of R60 now so I can replace it. I have emailed Adaptto and also posted on the Russian forum, so will see which replies, I will post the value on here as soon as I find it out from them.

Its ok iv sorted it now, its 1.2k, I might actually put together a how to fix your Adaptto thread soon, as I know how to fix a lot of probs with them now that are circuit board related. :) .

By the way Xsys / Albert that bought his controller from you has the same problem apparently, its either caused by 1* plugging the display into the bms lead by mistake. 2* a broken wire or cable not done up properly. 3* pins in the back of the connector touching each other or shorted with solder balls. 4* one of the resistors on the RX or TX input in the display is bad, or in my case the R60 resistor in the controller itself on the brain board being dead.

Back