advertised powerful 10kw e-bike kit

John in CR said:
Don't drag me into whatever this is, and to insinuate that something I sell is expected to have tech issues is baseless slander.
I think you misinterpreted what Sam was saying. He was talking about those scooter motors designed to be bolted to small, cast rims and naturally when you try to fit such a thing to a cheap 26" mountain bike you're going to run into strife. There was no suggestion that you were selling inferior or troublesome products, just that someone might be trying to bash the round pegs you're selling into square holes
(edit: beaten by Sam)

HillsofValp just dyno'd his and apparently got 20kw output at the wheel
Impressive!!
lifeforphysics did similar dyno testing on hub motors but cheated, trying to use plasma to gain extra propulsion :lol:

was that the flaming dick trial, hyena?

neptronix said:
Otherwise a bog standard 9C motor would be sold as a 3kW or so motor. )

Neptronix!
Hey man.....I've dumped over 4kw in my Bog Standard 9C 2810 ;) But the 2810 spins up fast and amps drop fast too ;)
But in all fairness, I ride on mostly flat paved roads at WOT and pull 600 to 2500 watts depending on my top speed and head wind.
And I'm very sure that if I went up a long steep hill pulling 4kw, it would surely have a short life :)

Note: Rule of thumb...... build it right for what you need it for and happiness will be the end result :twisted:

Tommy L sends......
mosh.gif

Sure, i've dumped 8kW ( 120v x 65A ) into a magic pie, but it could only really hold about 1500-2000w continuous without exploding; besides, i am not getting that 8kw out into the ground at all. I've pushed 4kW into a MAC motor, and the gears lasted about 15 minutes before they warped :lol:

You get my point though, right? If you rate a motor based on, or near it's saturation point, you aren't being an honest company, for starters. High power cycles ( HPC ) got in trouble for this here, too.

Four grand! Wtf!

Cromotor, crown or Mxus. Flux frame. Boltons.
Bloody hell.
Four grand.

Frock.

The comparison to HPC seems to be fairly reasonable. They advertise a 3000W and a 7000W model. A full-suspension frame is listed as an option, but power on the FS is not listed...maybe due to the shock location limiting the battery volume? The prices are not readily available from their web-site, so I imagine they want you to contact them before they provide a quote. I would recommend that Insane Electrics start a thread in the "for sale, new" section, but...that would require including prices, or the thread will be removed. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=31

http://www.insanelectrics.com/7000-watt

041.JPG

RobboCop said:
Sounds like this thread could use a lock...

Why? It's often threads like these where the truth of he said, he said plays out in some sort of middle truth.
We gain insight into what is real and what are false claims or psycho customers.
Either way we can read into the situation and make informed decisions based on what we believe to be true.

Not here to take sides, though the power claims and build quality of the bike leaves you wondering about the safety of customers. I'd be real careful who you sell a cheap bicycle turned motorcycle to. Not sure of the laws of Aussieland, but here and in the states you would have yourself some real pain should someone hurt themselves or worse kill a bystander at 60kph+ on one of your BSO motorcycles.

Just 2c.

Many new customers never research an exciting new product, and some new retailers count on that. This thread starts out sounding like a shill (maybe it is, maybe it isn't), then a supposed irate customer posts who has been badly treated shows up, which then allows the retailer to log on and respond by spelling out the truthful and accurate numbers to refute the wild claims that disparage him. Somewhat convenient, perhaps?

"Straw men" have been constructed before. If a new retailer is hoping to find open arms here, they should be warned as a courtesy that most ES posters are inherently skeptical, and...extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

EDITED My bad for not reading the whole thread...

I have removed the personal information of an endless-sphere poster here.
It is important for us to maintain anonymity here - even if a poster is misbehaving. Do not post our user's private information ( name, city they live in etc ) to this forum without their permission ever again, otherwise i will have to ban you.

Carry on.

7000W bike with a 10ah lithium "polyemer" for $6100? That homegrown in AU must be awesome...

Brentis said:
RobboCop said:
Sounds like this thread could use a lock...

Why? It's often threads like these where the truth of he said, he said plays out in some sort of middle truth.
We gain insight into what is real and what are false claims or psycho customers.
Either way we can read into the situation and make informed decisions based on what we believe to be true.

Not here to take sides, though the power claims and build quality of the bike leaves you wondering about the safety of customers. I'd be real careful who you sell a cheap bicycle turned motorcycle to. Not sure of the laws of Aussieland, but here and in the states you would have yourself some real pain should someone hurt themselves or worse kill a bystander at 60kph+ on one of your BSO motorcycles.

Just 2c.

No worries,

I haven't been on ES long, just that in other forums I belong to (mostly car based), once you hit that point where people have moved from facts to personal attacks the thread has little chance to recover. From what you said it sounds like that is not that case here. This will be a refreshing change.

Carry on

Does seem like Insane has lowered the 16kw claims to 10kw and the build quality looks a lot better than a few years back. Seems like a more valid package now.

Please tell me there's torque plates on those bikes.

Hello guys

I ordered and fully prepaid an electric bike there some months ago and they weren't able to send me anything more than two tyres since. Does anyone of you know them?

John

Found them too just before. Silly me.
It seems that I'm one of those mentioned psycho customers who didn't do the homework about the product. They sent me alot of photos and details about the bike and themselves it just made a good impression. I decided for a bike that was almost ready already and then they brought weekly reasons, why it has not been shipped yet and so on. After 2 months I wanted to cancel the order as I didn't see any progress anymore but they claimed that they need to sell the bike first before paying back any cent. They now even don't react anymore on emails.

Not guilty unless proven...? I think my case is the proof. Beware of them.

You do realise they've shut down, right? If you're owed a bike, I'd suggest they've done a Harry Holt with your money.

Yes. 3 Months ago when I paid the bike they still seemed to be active normally.

Maybe someone can give me helpful details about them, where they live etc.

Looking forward to receiving any help.

Back