Another SMD lebowski PCB

harrisonh said:
Edit: Oh. Manual says 19, but schematic is 38. I'm pretty new so don't know when that might have changed..

That may have been Lebowski's original through hole design that uses the 40 pin dip package.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=57877

Any of these brain board or brain board PCB's for sale?

I can order a bunch from JLC but i thought i would try here first as I only need 1.

Ive ordered some boards but Im having trouble finding suitable inductors for L1 and L2
can anyone tell me what to use?

thanks

bigmotherwhale said:
Any of these brain board or brain board PCB's for sale?

I can order a bunch from JLC but i thought i would try here first as I only need 1.

Did you look at how far off this was from JLC assembly? They have a large pool of components they stock and only build with their components.

bigmotherwhale said:
Ive ordered some boards but Im having trouble finding suitable inductors for L1 and L2
can anyone tell me what to use?

thanks

I use the following from Digikey:
SRR1280-221KLCT-ND
587-3067-1-ND

Hi,
I would like to order some bords from jlcpcb does someone have bom and CPL for it. Thanks.

For Lebowskis old through hole design I had (from digikey):
L1: 535-11425-ND
L2: AIUR-02H-221K-ND

I have assembled a BobC board and I am trying to write the firmware using a PICKit 3, I have connected the 5v rail directly to my computer PSU and have grounded it directly too.
I have checked and double checked all the connections and tried a different PIC chip but I keep getting the error
"Target Device ID (0xffff0000) is an Invalid Device ID."
Are the pic chips i have fakes? is the Pickit not functioning correctly or am i doing something wrong?
The target memory views including configuration bits seem to have data which suggests i have a connection to the PIC?
Can anyone tell me what i could be doing wrong?
Thanks

bigmotherwhale said:
I have assembled a BobC board and I am trying to write the firmware using a PICKit 3, I have connected the 5v rail directly to my computer PSU and have grounded it directly too.
I have checked and double checked all the connections and tried a different PIC chip but I keep getting the error
"Target Device ID (0xffff0000) is an Invalid Device ID."
Are the pic chips i have fakes? is the Pickit not functioning correctly or am i doing something wrong?
The target memory views including configuration bits seem to have data which suggests i have a connection to the PIC?
Can anyone tell me what i could be doing wrong?
Thanks

I use a 16 year old Pickit2 so I can't help with the Pickit3.

If you bought the DSPIC from an authorized channel like Digikey, Arrow, Newark, Farnell etc there is zero chance the chip is fake. If you bought it from the grey market then I would say a high chance it could be fake.

Have you inspected the board for dry joints? There are literally hundreds of solder joints on the BobC board so plenty of opportunity for things to go wrong. The other possibility is that you may have damaged the DSPIC with too much heat during assembly.

It was from a seller on eBay, they have a lot of bad feedback.
I tested my PICKit with a random micro i found on a board from a defunct ATX PSU and it recognised the chip straight away first time.
Im pretty sure i didn't damage the chip, I hand soldered the first one using a soldering iron and the second was flowed with hot air, both exactly the same result, the chip obviously connects but its type and memory locations are not correct.
I questioned the seller on eBay about the chip, they sent me a refund without any further response so i think i have my answer.
I have re ordered them again from a non reputable supplier, but I have no choice right now as they are out of stock at mouser and RS. Im honestly not surprised they are fakes, there are so many fakes of everything about right now its getting ridiculous.

Back