Anyone want a battery?

ccihon

100 W
I finally had to replace by large 52v battery pack on my trike - the one I have had for well over three years started acting strange as the temps dropped around here - on hot days with a full charge, it seemed to be OK, but when a bit cooler, or after dropping voltage level a bit, maybe to 80% starting Volts, it would cut out under hard load - voltage would drop under these load conditions down to 10% or even below momentarily, and power delivery would stop.

So - problem solved - got a new pack. Question is, what to do with this one? I am in no position to troubleshoot it further or certainly to repair it. It was an Ebay purchase, and while labeled "48v 22ah" it is clearly a 52v battery - came with a 58.8v charger and runs at that voltage at 100%. It's a big block-style pack, with nor rigid housing (had it in bag) - comes with separate charge and discharge lines, and a 2A charger. Sent a picture below - I have no idea if this is made up of cylindrical or flat-style cells, as I have not cut it open.

Question is dispose of it? How to do safely? Would someone here want it? If you pay the shipping I would send it your way, along with the charger, and no guarantees whatsoever. It's about 15lb, measures around 6x4x11. Shipping from Virginia, USA, 23116

Attachments

• 20221018_201720.jpg
    20221018_201720.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 415
As for how to safely get rid of it , check with your local Batteries Plus ( bulbs ) store in Richmond . https://www.batteriesplus.com/recycling . My local store will take mine , no need to discharge it. There was a post here some time ago about a scrap metal business now buying used lithium batteries .

Back