Aussie, Brisbane & goldcoast people

Oh dame ,i just notice you guys are doing a ride should of read this thread earlier ..I'm keen for the next one ..max range on my bike is 36km .

The Gold Coast ride went off without a hitch, it was a nice relaxed ride thru a main tourist beach area. Very fun riding in a group of 4 high powered/obvious ebikes as it gave people time to notice what they were and stare :mrgreen:

Had a great time meeting some other e-bike enthusiests again and managed to get some great ideas from them to get my new bike up and running asap. Was a pitty it was not ready as i think my bike was by far the lowest power/speed with only ~2kw at 48V on a 9C

Is anyone interested in a ride along the Redcliffe or Sandgate beach front this weekend.
Myself and my brother on his trike will be there.

Alex

Hardcarve1 said:
Is anyone interested in a ride along the Redcliffe or Sandgate beach front this weekend.
Myself and my brother on his trike will be there.

Alex
Yes, I will attend. I can ride to Cleveland railway station and travel to Sandgate. The trains arrive there every half hour on Saturday, 23 past the hour and 7 minutes to the hour.
Kev

Anyone wanna propose a day/time? I'm pretty much free all weekend.
Alex, do you know of any power points around Sandgate, I haven't seen any when I've cruised there.

Rob.

I hurt my ankle at work a few days ago and have been waiting to see how it fixes itself for a ride this weekend but it's still no good. So I will have to put it off for this weekend at least.
looking forward to the ride as well.
Alex

Hardcarve1 said:
I hurt my ankle at work a few days ago and have been waiting to see how it fixes itself for a ride this weekend but it's still no good. So I will have to put it off for this weekend at least.
looking forward to the ride as well.
Alex
Sorry about your ankle. The weather isn't much chop this week-end anyway. Showers predicted for a few days.

Sorry i just left this thread unattended forgot about it.

Im keen for a ride for any of the next 2 weekends !!!
I can either go to Brisbane city all the way to goldcoast..
Iv got a 1.5kw battery back pack waiting

If anyone is interested and the weather permits it let me know!

Hey,
If anyone is interested this weekend in going for a ride around daisy hill forest, the map in a previous post, im keen to take out my beast rat bike.
I cant really take it to many other places because it draws to much attention.

nechaus said:
Hey,
If anyone is interested this weekend in going for a ride around daisy hill forest, the map in a previous post, im keen to take out my beast rat bike.
I cant really take it to many other places because it draws to much attention.
Yes
Sent PM

Love to, but no dirt bike atm
Have fun :!:

Hey im sorry, have not been riding, its either been the weather, or iv been sick with the flu,
anyway

Im keen to see your guys builds, im sure we will get ideas off each other

So lets finally do this XLR8 and any anyone else keen to go for a ride?
I can either take the car and my bike, go to a nice onroad/path bike track, For e.g. Southeast to Brisbane city or goldcoast area,.. but can have a break at a cafe somewhere and have some food and drink to refuel
or go off road and check out the forest area that i posted on a previous post, pack some food and find a good place to have a break and rest our ebikes and ourselves.

I can probably lend someone some lipos for the day, if you need a bit of extra range
got some 5s 8ah packs that i can use off another bike.

nechaus said:
Hey im sorry, have not been riding, its either been the weather, or iv been sick with the flu,
anyway

Im keen to see your guys builds, im sure we will get ideas off each other

So lets finally do this XLR8 and any anyone else keen to go for a ride?
I can either take the car and my bike, go to a nice onroad/path bike track, For e.g. Southeast to Brisbane city or goldcoast area,.. but can have a break at a cafe somewhere and have some food and drink to refuel
or go off road and check out the forest area that i posted on a previous post, pack some food and find a good place to have a break and rest our ebikes and ourselves.

I can probably lend someone some lipos for the day, if you need a bit of extra range
got some 5s 8ah packs that i can use off another bike.

On Saturday, how about driving your car to my place at Thornlands and then go for a ride to Cleveland along the cycle paths have a coffee etc? Then, if anyone wants to meet at Cleveland, we could rendevous at the harbour boardwalk near the railway station.

in keen for any one of the areas..
I might get my gf to actually drop me off and pick me up while she does shopping or something.
Im crossing my fingers ill have my new controller by the weekend.

Well i had no objectsion, yesterday i just bent my frame.
Iv still got my magic pie hub motor that's a much nicer frame to ride.

iv been building my mini motard electric motorbike, if only i could take that for the ride

Did the ride ever happen? I'm passing through your way on an ebike epic ride and would love to do a bit of a group ride in Brisbane or gold coast. Brisbane test ride day is locked in for sat 8th sep. more info:

http://glowwormbicycles.com.au/cape-york-sydney-ride

Based on some recent posts in the Aussie Role Call thread I believe it's time to revive this tread.

Where is the best place us Brisbanites could gather for a ride and when can we make that happen?

I'm in St Lucia and personally, I would prefer the CBD or Mt Cootha area as I don't own a car. However, I should be able to meet up anywhere the train goes as Translink said bikes are allowed during off peak hours.

im keen to meet up and check out one of your beast hubs, i wanna buy one this year

I am in the city myself 5 days a week for work, my main ebike is out of action at the moment, destroyed another aluminium frame.

will be back in action soon so ill be able to go for a group ride,

I was thinking of going for a ride around south bank, do some ebike races around the place, brisbane has great places to ride.

Back