Aussie, Brisbane & goldcoast people

nechaus said:
im keen to meet up and check out one of your beast hubs, i wanna buy one this year

well it only took 3.5 months but it's on the bike but w/o a chain. i went to a short test ride and even at 12s it wants to be a wheelie machine which, the 9x7 at 18s wouldn't do. anyone who wants to feel what these motors are about just email me to arrange a time to stop by.

nechaus said:
I am in the city myself 5 days a week for work, my main ebike is out of action at the moment, destroyed another aluminium frame.

when will it be running again? i have a few ebikes i can share but you need to provide your own batteries if we go on a ride.

nechaus said:
I was thinking of going for a ride around south bank, do some ebike races around the place, brisbane has great places to ride.

cool lets do that but bring your own bike if you're going to race :)

I'm keen to meet up for a ride.
Any one want to propose a time/date?
I'd be good to go on any Saturday or Sunday.

I've also got all of next week off work, checking out some bush tracks out around Wamuran...
http://www.mapmyride.com/au/caboolture-queensland/bike-wamuran-trail-loop-and-rail-trail-route-9846372
Weather forecast looks good, give me a shout if you want to come. I can carry 3 bikes on my wagon.

Rob

oldhaq said:
I'm keen to meet up for a ride.
Any one want to propose a time/date?
I'd be good to go on any Saturday or Sunday.

I've also got all of next week off work, checking out some bush tracks out around Wamuran...
http://www.mapmyride.com/au/caboolture-queensland/bike-wamuran-trail-loop-and-rail-trail-route-9846372
Weather forecast looks good, give me a shout if you want to come. I can carry 3 bikes on my wagon.

Rob

Hey Rob, I am available next week and I would like to gone you, just need a ride from the Caboolture train station.

PM me if you're keen and we can discuss the options. Cheers

I am keen as pie for a good ebike ride,
I have another friend but he baby's his motor to much, Not allowed to get over 40c :p haha

I am tempted to actually make a BMX, i have a spare 20inch pie, thinking about modding it and running 25s through it for a wheelie machine
I think a cromo BMX frame would not break on me.

I will report back here when i get a ebike ready

I'm so keen that I'm craving mustard.
Ok, how's Tuesday sound then.
I just had a look at the timetable, a train leaves Toowong at 9.56am and gets to Caboolture at 11.09, will that be good for you? That'll give you plenty of time to get back before the peak. Probably not too much of a worry as you'll be traveling opposite the peak flow anyway.
How much battery capacity do you have?

oldhaq said:
I'm so keen that I'm craving mustard.
Ok, how's Tuesday sound then.
I just had a look at the timetable, a train leaves Toowong at 9.56am and gets to Caboolture at 11.09, will that be good for you? That'll give you plenty of time to get back before the peak. Probably not too much of a worry as you'll be traveling opposite the peak flow anyway.
How much battery capacity do you have?

Tuesday is good, PM Sent

I subbed this topic but never get notices to my email...

anyway im up in the gap if people would like to meet nearish soonish.

I was thinking to start up another thread when I found this one is going strong. I wanted to call it Brisbane Australia Power exchange. I was thinking it would be cool if for example I could ride over to your place chat while recharging and then go back or to another person's place for the same. We could all do that at each others houses.

EG

I ride to yours charge you follow me back - you charge - or I charge again go to the next persons ...

Ive only got 10AH so cant get too far from the gap otherwise.

I live at Sandgate and would love to meet up but it looks like we live all over the shop. May be we need to set a date in a few weeks and then work out how we get there.

We are quite spread out, so lets have some suggestions on where to meet.

Here is a MAP of those who have stated they would be up for a group ride. This is by suburb not actual addresses. If there are others who like to be listed just let me know or if there is a better way/map feel free to start it up.

As I am still fairly new to the area and not familiar with many of the trails I am not sure I would be the best choice to organize a ride but if no else jumps in to do it I will take on the responsibility to try and arrange something that will work for most of us. Personally I think something along the river would be good for the 1st group ride as not everyone will have a bike capable of trail rides and no need to alienate anyone 1st time out. The river has a wide paved path through a few parks with plenty of places for food/beverages. Though not sure about charging but since it's mostly flat no one needs to have a large capacity battery to join in.

I think meeting at some place along the river is the way to go for the first meet and then we can organize north and south trips. Not up to speed on the best place along the river but the gardens, southbank or west end come to mind. I think I can have 3 people rock up but we have just normal commuter ebikes that do 40kmh 40km distance. What about the 21st July for a Sunday ride
Good to hear what everyone thinks.

A river ride on Sunday July 21st works for me, anyone else?

I added potential starting/ending points to the MAP LINK. It's about 25km one way but with the added bonus that if anyone is running low on juice and no charging points are available they can always take the citycat back to the/their starting point.

John Bozi said:
I'm keen as I got my torque arm on now.

I have no way to start riding with a full battery from anywhere but home and I only got 10AH. Maybe I can ride to newb's place recharge and go with him from there.

Dunno.

yah that's cool. in fact, if anyone else needs to charge before or after the ride they're welcome to do the same.

Sunday fortnight will be good for me too
Newbs place seems like a good starting point, not too far from coro drive.
10a should get you to the other side of the river and back easily, but be good to find a spot to opportunity charge and maybe grab a bite and a chat, anyone know how liberal the BCC is at putting power points in parks/bbq's? Theres only 1 in the whole of Redcliffe!

What about we set off from Newb place no later than 10am so we get to Northshore Cafe for Java, viddles and a slash before the boat ride back. I think it best to get through the city stretch of the ride before midday as it gets busy in the afternoon. My guess is we should do the trip before twelve if we go for a cruise with the odd burst of insanity.
I will be parking at Bretts to catch the citycat to Newbs and then ride to Bretts from the cafe.
If the time is not suitable then I'm easy for another.

oldhaq said:
I wouldn't mind a ride around the CBD/Botanic gardens/Valley/New Farm also. Regatta Hotel on Coro drive would be a classic stopover.
I spotted a power point at the back of the Technology One complex car park at 540 Wickham st while doing a job there last week, opposite the kebab takeaway.
Too bad the riverwalk got broken up in the floods, It looked like a nice ride when I cruised the river a couple of years ago. http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCCWR/assets/bcc/pop-ups/riverwalk/html_map_pop.htm

I am also keen to have a couple of brews but not sure what you guys are into.

Also have been searching google for brisbane parks and electricity but cant find anything. I imagine rotunders or places for special events such as weddings might have something. How about newfarm park?

I really wish we could design the ride around power points. I am not keen on peddling a 30 kg bike 30km.

My ride to newb and back will be near 30kms round trip already. I am hoping with good weather to test this, this weekend coming. I am not sure if I will head off with you guys currently but keen to meet you near newbs place. Although it not near St lucia, there is an awesome bike path from royal brisbane hospital area all the way out to the Gap where I live and you could all charge from there if interested. Doesnt have to be this ride you can try it another ride.

this is a video of me doing it in about 30 mins from the gap to near kelvin grove.

[youtube]H0A6cXUfeHU[/youtube]

I'm down for whatever we can decide as a group so if my place is a starting and/or ending point that is fine with me but if there is another preference that is fine too. I am not sure about the other parks but there is a fairly decent cafe/restaurant/bar (St Lucy) at UQ. I can ride by and check for charging points this weekend and report back.

I know there is power outlet on the shelter at Albert Bishop Park cycle track at Toombul which is on the bikeway that goes through to Redcliffe. Its also close to the rail station at Nundah but this may be better for another ride.

Had a fantastic test run to Newbs place and back. I am hanging to do more of that river run - hopefully there won't be any works on it at that time. What was the time it was open and closed Newb?

Anyway on my way there this is just after the closed off part toward St Lucia. Weather was perfect.

[youtube]zAbDLslXvJw[/youtube]

John Bozi said:
Had a fantastic test run to Newbs place and back. I am hanging to do more of that river run - hopefully there won't be any works on it at that time. What was the time it was open and closed Newb?

Yah, good times. As for the bike path, it closed at 8pm and open in the morning for the commuters so shouldn't be an issue for the group ride. Also, it's a very short section of the overall path so even if that section was closed during the day it won't effect us for more than a km. But I will confirm it'll be open for the 21st next week.

Hey guys, we all still good for next Sunday 10am?

We going by rough itinerary or as it goes?

Back