Automatic Phase Wire Configuration

Is there such as thing as a controller that automatically configures phase wire order?

I have a controller where all of the phase wires and 3 of the hall sensor wires are the same colour. . . .

Surely a manufacturer would not be this thoughtless if the configuration were not automatic? . . . or am I being too optimistic.

This controller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electrocar-Brushless-Motor-Controller-Accesories-48V-800W-32A-Slivery-/282333389765?

And supplied wiring picture:

UPDATE:

I assumed this controller was automatic, and soldered the wires together with no thought as to order. And it worked first time.

So either this controller configures hall settings automatically, or I am 1 in 36 times lucky.

:?:

Lucky,, hope you bought a lotto ticked that same day.

The way it usually works is you connect a jumper to engage self learning/self study. The wheel will start turning, then you try the throttle, and it works fine.

then unplug the self study jumper.

On yours,, it's the green looking two wires with a black plug. if it came connected, unplug it now.

Same controller I like to buy. Cheap, generally works at least 2-3 thousand miles, easy to set up. Yours is 32 amps,, I like to go for the 40 .

Cheers dogman.

So this really is down to luck?

regarding amperage, this is for a Bafang BPM 500, so not sure if I want to feed it any more. Probably pop it with this one!

Looks just like the controller Dogman sent me for SB Cruiser, which has all hall and phase wires as green, and has a "learn" wire set. See the SB Cruiser thread in my signature, and this thread
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68501&hilit=dogman+controller#p1032793
for details on that controller.

But mine only works as sensorless, even if you have working halls in the motor, it just ignores them--the controller behaves exactly the same with the hall wires connected or not, and I verified that the motor hall signals actually do reach teh controller PCB.

So yours may also be like that, totally sensorless, which means you have a much higher chance of being "lucky" and getting the right combo the first time without using the learn wires.

Thanks Amber Wolf.

So sorry to be completely thick.

Does the learn wire automatically configures the hall settings? . . . .

In the listing (which means nothing I suppose) it describes the controller for sensored only.

So did the listing for mine, AFAICR, but it doesn't work for sensored at all, only sensorless. ;)

The learn wire on mine operates as specified in the linked thread. If yours is the same, just do it that way. ;)

Back