Bafang BBS02 controller information

walls99

100 W
Hi, I'm looking for information about the Bafang BBS02 controller. Anyone knows if it uses trapezoidal or sinusoidal commutation? supports sensorless or FOC? real torque/phase current control or PWM/Speed only? any schematics around?

Basically, I'm thinking about my next hobby project and having build/run a few BLDC controllers on various EV, I might treat my BBS02 ebike to a new home made controller :mrgreen:

Ideally, I'd love to have a look at the controller pcb, so if anyone would like to donate a dead controller for closer inspection or high resolution pictures of a depotted one, I would be grateful and would obviously report my finding here.

Thanks you!

The controller and everything is proprietary but it has a normal brushless motor in there. Just break it open, remove their integrated controller, or disconnect it, and hook up leads from your own. I think there's potting in the case so that may be fun to remove. You could run sensorless if your replacement controller supports it but there's no reason you'd want to in this case unless you're worried about the halls failing or something.

Back