Bafang Throttle Voltage question

schosser

1 mW
I have a BBS02 and I am trying to validate the voltage on the throttle control wire.
It looks like the voltage being sent to the controller is 0 (no throttle) to 4.2 (wide open).
Is that pretty close to what it should be?
Thanks in advance ,
Bill

Yes, that should at least work. Normally at zero throttle the voltage is around 0.7v or so. Nominal range is 1v - 4v.

Can I jump in here? Can you run a aftermarket 5V throttle with a BBS-02 of BBS-HD? Is 42 the highest setting in the bafang software? I don't have one anymore to check

I'm not sure exactly what the cutoff voltage is for the Bafang controller, but most similar units will fault over 4.6v or so.
If you want to use a Magura or other pot throttle, you can make it work by placing a fixed resistor in series with the 5v line.
Also good to have a resistor in series with the ground side so you don't have a large dead band starting out from zero.

The exact resistor values are in a thread somewhere. For a 5k throttle, they're around 1k to 1.2k.

Great, that's exactly the info I needed. Thanks. I had a BBS02 with a twist throttle and it was terrible. I've fallen in love with the Domino 5k throttle that came with myour Tangent kit. I'm thinking about a bbs hd build with a domino throttle.

Thanks again

Back